Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

rundll problem

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 setsuna212

setsuna212

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:21 PM

here the video
sorry am just need it so here my problem (sorry of the bad English)when am going to my fire wall an error show up just like in the video can u help my computer is windows xp

Edited by setsuna212, 26 June 2009 - 09:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:27 PM

Are you getting this "cannot run" after removal of some malware? Are you running XP or Vista?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 setsuna212

setsuna212
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:01 PM

Are you getting this "cannot run" after removal of some malware? Are you running XP or Vista?

yup can u help me

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,558 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

Please note from the forum rules, the following:

When posting, please use proper grammar. Refrain from 'text-message' style substitutions of words like 'u' for 'you', and 'ur' for 'your'. This is a multi-national forum, and some of our non-english speaking members must use translation software which is confused by abbreviations. Most of our volunteer members are very busy helping as many people as they can, and a post that is hard to read will often be overlooked.

As well as the quote from the banner at the top of this forum:

To receive help, you should instead provide a detailed description of your problem, detailed word-for-word error messages that you are receiving, screenshots of strange behaviour, and your operating system.

One video and a total of 8 words does not fit the above criteria. Help us help you or you will need to find another forum.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,430 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:27 PM

Was it Xp or Vista?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 setsuna212

setsuna212
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

Was it Xp or Vista?

xp

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,430 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:55 PM

As mentioned we could have gotten to this sooner and more effectively with a more detailed explanation.
RunDLL32.exe is a legit Windows file that loads .dll files which too can be legit or malware related.
Its not unusual to receive such an error after using specialized fix tools.

A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup
but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an
associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error
message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads.

To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.

Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click

here if you're not sure how to do this.)
Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.
Right-click on the entry and choose delete.
Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.

#8 setsuna212

setsuna212
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:09 PM

its still not working

#9 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:22 AM

Does the file C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe exist?

#10 setsuna212

setsuna212
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:13 AM

Does the file C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe exist?

i dont think so can i even download it

#11 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

Look in this folder for a copy of rundll32.exe:

C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386

If it exists, copy it to C:\Windows\System32

That should fix the problem.

Edited by boopme, 11 July 2012 - 07:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users