Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

winudpmgr.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 DoombringerATT

DoombringerATT

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:41 PM

09/06/26

Hello everyone,

Got a bit of a malware issue on my computer... Something called winudpmgr.exe hopped onto my computer some way or another, and in the beginning it was sucking resources like nobody's business. My mouse had a perpetual buddy in the form of the little Vista 'working' circle spinning around indefinitely, and my computer was bogged down to the point where I couldn't even restart my computer through normal 'Start > Restart' methods - it literally hung there for 15 minutes before I finally gave it a hard reset...

Tried a Norton Anti-Virus and an Ad-Aware scan, to no avail. All they find are cookies. Regardless, my computer, usually sitting at a comfortable ~40% RAM usage (of 4GB), was hogging along at 96-98% for a while with nothing but Firefox open...

At the time, there was one instance of winudpmgr.exe *32 in my Processes Task Manager tab, with another occasionally popping up every few seconds and then disappearing, but when I went to my Resource Monitor under the Performance tab, it was showing about 25 images of the thing with varying levels of RAM usage... A restart dropped the RAM back down to ~40%, but after a little while with the computer being on, it gradually made its way back up to the 90's as more and more images of the winudpmgr.exe popped up.

Attempting to 'End Process' or 'End Process Tree' resulted in an 'Unable to Terminate Process' window opening, informing me that 'The operation could not be completed. The operation is not valid for this process.'

---

At a friend's advice over MSN Messenger, I have removed the winudpmgr.exe from my Startup prompts in MSConfig. It's under the title 'Windows UDP Control Center'.

After a restart (luckily a safe one, this one wasn't required to be 'hard'), so far, that's preventing it from showing up in my Processes, it's no longer showing up in my Resource Monitor, and my Computer's RAM monitor shows it at varying levels of stability between ~50-70% depending on what I'm doing, which seems to be about right for my normal operations and considering all the Scanning and Searching I'm doing with various programs.

I've searched for winudpmgr.exe in my RegEdit as per its designated location in the Startup scripts (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
). Not there as windudpmgr.exe, but it may be under a pseudonym.

Searched my HDD, indexed and non-indexed, filenames and contents, for "winudpmgr" and "winudpmgr.exe". No joy.

Found a list of pseudonym filenames, but so far none of the ones on these Google sites are popping up, or I'm not searching vigilantly enough... :thumbup2:

So far, it hasn't reared its ugly head in my Processes or Resource Monitor after removing it from the Startup scripts.

Google is up, searching for more ways to remove this thing for good, but some of these sites on the first page after searching for "winudpmgr.exe" look just as questionable as the malware itself... I'm really at a loss here as to what to follow. I've closed my other thread on another website asking for help so that there hopefully won't be any conflict of interest posting my HiJack This log here.

---

As far as the 'Preparation Guide' thread here, I've followed it to the best of my ability. All my pictures and stuff are backed up on Norton online storage and Norton's firewall is enabled, but when I try to run DDS it says that my Operating System isn't supported (Windows Vista 64-bit), so I've got a regular HiJack This log for your perusal.

Thanks a ton in advance. Let me know if you all need anything else.

---

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 1:21:55 PM, on 6/26/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18248)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\TabTip32.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Direct Link\AsCmd.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AASP\1.00.64\aaCenter.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Six Engine\SixEngine.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Direct Link\AsShare.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel MediaOne\Corel Photo Downloader.exe
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine\3.0.0.134\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
D:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe
C:\Users\Chris\Program Files (x86)\DNA\btdna.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\AiNap\AiNap.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Drive Xpert\DriveXpert.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel MediaOne\CorelIOMonitor.exe
D:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
D:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\x86\SetPoint32.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
D:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Symantec NCO BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine\3.0.0.134\coIEPlg.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine\3.0.0.134\IPSBHO.DLL
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.1.1309.3572\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine\3.0.0.134\coIEPlg.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ai Nap] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\AiNap\AiNap.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QFan Help] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\QFan3\QFanHelp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpu Level Up help] C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\CpuLevelUpHelp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch Direct Link] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Direct Link\AsShare.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch As Cmd Runner] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Direct Link\AsCmd.exe" -reg
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Drive Xpert] C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Drive Xpert\DriveXpert.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Corel File Shell Monitor] C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel MediaOne\CorelIOMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "D:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeCS4ServiceManager] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CS4ServiceManager\CS4ServiceManager.exe" -launchedbylogin
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [igndlm.exe] C:\Program Files (x86)\Download Manager\DLM.exe /windowsstart /startifwork
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "d:\program files (x86)\steam\steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "D:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent DNA] "C:\Users\Chris\Program Files (x86)\DNA\btdna.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EA Core] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\EADM\Core.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: ImpulseNow.lnk = D:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\Impulse\Now\ImpulseNow.exe
O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 3.1.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc...ash/swflash.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: symres - {AA1061FE-6C41-421F-9344-69640C9732AB} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine\3.0.0.134\coIEPlg.dll
O23 - Service: 57xx SteelVine (57xx SteelVine Manager) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Drive Xpert\SteelVine.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AMD External Events Utility - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: ASP.NET State Service (aspnet_state) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_state.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: @dfsrres.dll,-101 (DFSR) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\DFSR.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service 64 - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService64.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate1c9c05836504d1e) (gupdate1c9c05836504d1e) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Logitech, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\Bluetooth\LBTServ.exe
O23 - Service: mental ray 3.6 Satellite for Autodesk 3ds Max 2009 32-bit 32-bit (mi-raysat_3dsMax2009_32) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsMax2009_32server.exe
O23 - Service: mental ray 3.6 Satellite for Autodesk 3ds Max 2009 64-bit 64-bit (mi-raysat_3dsMax2009_64) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsMax2009_64server.exe
O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Norton 360 (N360) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine\3.0.0.134\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ProtexisLicensing - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PSIService.exe
O23 - Service: Protexis Licensing V2 (PSI_SVC_2) - Protexis Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Protexis\License Service\PsiService_2.exe
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\SLsvc.exe,-101 (slsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
O23 - Service: TabletServiceWacom - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wacom_Tablet.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 12015 bytes

---

EDIT 09/06/26 16:30 PST

Weird new development.

I have now discovered that since this problem started, Firefox has developed some kind of memory leak or something. Every second my Processes tab updates, the Memory tab for 'firefox.exe *32' goes up another ~500kb or so. Before I restarted Firefox just now, it hit the 1.5gb mark... Is this just me, or does anyone else experience this kind of problem too?

I'm using Firefox 3.0.10 in conjunction with the DNA 1.0.0.1, Download Statusbar 0.9.6.5, FoxTab 1.2, Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.0, Norton IPS 1.0, Norton Toolbar 3.5, Skype Extension 2.2.0.102, Speed Dial 0.9.0.8, and U.S. English Dictionary 3.0.3 add-ons. Since installing Speed Dial, Firefox has started crashing, but the sheer utility of the program far outweighs the occasional 'crash then restore previous tabs' process I have to go through every couple hours.

I don't know if this Memory Leak (if that is what it is) is a result of winudpmgr.exe's arrival, or Speed Dial, but considering I never noticed my RAM skyrocketing into the 90% region before winudpmgr.exe hit, I'm not entirely sure it's Speed Dial's fault.

Odd, indeed.

---

I have had a number of other people suggest I boot in safe mode and try a variety of utilities such as 'Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware', 'Lavasoft Ad-Aware' (which I've already tried, just not in safe mode), and 'Spybot', with the end consensus if those fail ending up being a reformat and reinstallation of Windows Vista 64... :)

I'm holding out following any of their instructions hoping that someone here will give me some sound advice first.

---

EDIT 09/06/26 16:55 PST

Tested out disabling Speed Dial after Internet Explorer wasn't displaying any of the same Memory Leakage. Firefox's Memory is now a relatively stable 72-80mb, unchanging from this range in about the past 20 minutes, so that particular problem seems to be resolved.

So basically, where I'm at now is;

1) winudpmgr.exe got on my computer, making me experience a drastically decreased performance due to multiple images of itself being created in my Processes and Resource Monitor tabs.

2) May have corrupted/attached itself to my Firefox installation/Speed Dial add-on. Maybe I'm just noticing the add-on's troubles now that I'm looking for RAM problems, and Firefox's recent crashing was resetting its Memory size making me never notice. Speed Dial disabled, Firefox memory issues gone. This seems to be a separate issue that needs not be fully resolved here in this thread.

3) winudpmgr.exe is disabled in the Startup scripts of MSConfig. It is no longer present in my Processes or Resource Monitor tabs.

4) winudpmgr.exe is, however, still present somewhere on my HDD. So far, all attempts to find the file or one of its pseudonyms have resulted in resounding failure. Awaiting feedback for explicit instructions on how to root out and annihilate this program/registry entry/malware/etc. before continuing, but things seem to be stable enough to resume my "normal" operations.

Attached Files

Edited by DoombringerATT, 26 June 2009 - 06:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:33 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.

Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.

If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
  • Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results.
  • Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.

Information on A/V control HERE
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

#3 DoombringerATT

DoombringerATT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

Well, as I explained, DDS is for some reason incompatible with Windows Vista Home Premium x64, so I'm resorting to posting a HiJackThis log.

---

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:13:52 AM, on 7/3/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18248)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Direct Link\AsCmd.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AASP\1.00.64\aaCenter.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Ink\TabTip32.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Direct Link\AsShare.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Six Engine\SixEngine.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine\3.0.0.134\ccSvcHst.exe
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe
C:\Users\Chris\Program Files (x86)\DNA\btdna.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
D:\Program Files (x86)\Curse\CurseClient.exe
C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\AiNap\AiNap.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Drive Xpert\DriveXpert.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel MediaOne\CorelIOMonitor.exe
D:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.bin
D:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\x86\SetPoint32.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe
D:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Symantec NCO BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine\3.0.0.134\coIEPlg.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine\3.0.0.134\IPSBHO.DLL
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.1.1309.3572\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine\3.0.0.134\coIEPlg.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ai Nap] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\AiNap\AiNap.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QFan Help] "C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\QFan3\QFanHelp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cpu Level Up help] C:\Program Files\ASUS\Ai Suite\CpuLevelUpHelp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch Direct Link] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Direct Link\AsShare.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Launch As Cmd Runner] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Direct Link\AsCmd.exe" -reg
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Drive Xpert] C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Drive Xpert\DriveXpert.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Corel File Shell Monitor] C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel MediaOne\CorelIOMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "D:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-Watch] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [igndlm.exe] C:\Program Files (x86)\Download Manager\DLM.exe /windowsstart /startifwork
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "d:\program files (x86)\steam\steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools Lite] "D:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent DNA] "C:\Users\Chris\Program Files (x86)\DNA\btdna.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EA Core] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\EADM\Core.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CurseClient] D:\Program Files (x86)\Curse\CurseClient.exe -silent
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: ImpulseNow.lnk = D:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\Impulse\Now\ImpulseNow.exe
O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 3.1.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shoc...ash/swflash.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: symres - {AA1061FE-6C41-421F-9344-69640C9732AB} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine\3.0.0.134\coIEPlg.dll
O23 - Service: 57xx SteelVine (57xx SteelVine Manager) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Drive Xpert\SteelVine.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AMD External Events Utility - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: ASP.NET State Service (aspnet_state) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_state.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: @dfsrres.dll,-101 (DFSR) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\DFSR.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate1c9c05836504d1e) (gupdate1c9c05836504d1e) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Logitech, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\Bluetooth\LBTServ.exe
O23 - Service: mental ray 3.6 Satellite for Autodesk 3ds Max 2009 32-bit 32-bit (mi-raysat_3dsMax2009_32) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsMax2009_32server.exe
O23 - Service: mental ray 3.6 Satellite for Autodesk 3ds Max 2009 64-bit 64-bit (mi-raysat_3dsMax2009_64) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2009\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsMax2009_64server.exe
O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Norton 360 (N360) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\Engine\3.0.0.134\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ProtexisLicensing - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PSIService.exe
O23 - Service: Protexis Licensing V2 (PSI_SVC_2) - Protexis Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Protexis\License Service\PsiService_2.exe
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\SLsvc.exe,-101 (slsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
O23 - Service: TabletServiceWacom - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wacom_Tablet.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 11679 bytes

#4 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

Hello.

Neither DDS nor HijackThis is compatible with 64 bit machines. We'll use OTScanIt.

Download and Run OTScanIt
Download OTScanIt by OldTimer to your Desktop.
  • Double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program. If you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator.
  • Click the Extras button under "Additional Scans".
  • Copy the contents of the codebox below into the "Custom Scans" box.
    c:\winudpmgr.exe /s
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Use the Add Reply button in the forum and Attach the scan back here (do not copy/paste it as it will be too big to fit into the post). It will be located in the OTScanIt folder and named OTScanIt.txt.
With Regards,
The Panda

#5 DoombringerATT

DoombringerATT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

Please excuse my short absence.

I am currently in the Marine Corps and I deploy tomorrow to Camp Pendleton, CA for a 6-day Training Exercise.

I'll return on the evening of July 13th, so please don't close the thread before I get a chance to get back and download OTScan sometime on the 14th.

Thanks for your help.

#6 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

Don't worry about it.

Hear from you later then.

With Regards,
The Panda

**Note to myself to keep topic open longer.

#7 DoombringerATT

DoombringerATT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

Well, back from the exercise at Camp Pendleton. Things went well. :thumbup2:

Now, back to my poor computer!

*OTScan log added*

Thanks for keeping the thread open, Panda.

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTS.Txt   215.64KB   3 downloads

#8 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:15 AM

Hello.

OTS was able to find the file. There are no loading points starting the file anymore.

Run Fix with OTScanIt
We will run OTScanIt with directives. If you have lost your copy of OTScanIt, download it here.
  • Double click the OTS.exe. If you are using Windows Vista, right click OTScanIt.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Copy the contents of the codebox below into the "Paste fix here" box.
    [Registry - Safe List]
    < BHO's [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
    YN -> {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} [HKLM] -> Reg Error: Key error. [Reg Error: Key error.]
    < Run [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\] > -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    YN -> "igndlm.exe" -> [C:\Program Files (x86)\Download Manager\DLM.exe /windowsstart /startifwork]
    [Files/Folders - Created Within 30 Days]
    NY -> winudpmgr.exe -> C:\Windows\winudpmgr.exe
  • Close all windows except OTScanIt.
  • Click it Run Fix button.
When the fix is completed a message box will popup either telling you that it is finished, or that a reboot is needed to complete the fix. If the fix is complete, click OK and Notepad will open with a log of actions taken during the fix. Post that log back here in your next reply.

If a reboot is required, click the "Yes" button to reboot the machine. After the reboot, OTScanIt2 will finish moving any files that could not be moved during the fix. Notepad will open with the final results at that time. Post that log back here in your next reply.

Run ESET Online Scan
  • Please disable your realtime protection software before proceeding. Refer to this page if you are unsure how.
  • Please go to ESET OnlineScan (NOD32)
  • You will then see the Terms of Use, tick the check-box infront of YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Now click Start. If you see a "Security Warning" that asks if you want to install and run a file called "OnlineScanner.cab", click Yes.
  • Click Start. The online scanner will now prepare itself for running on your pc.
  • To do a full-scan, tick: Remove found threats and Scan potentially unwanted applications.
  • Press Scan. The Onlinescan will now start and scan your computer. Please be patient as this a while.
  • When the scan has finished, it will show a screen with two tabs "overview" and "details" and the option to get information or buy software, just close the window.
  • Click Start, then Run.... The the box that appears type with the quotes:
    "C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt"
  • The scan results will now open in Notepad
  • Click into the text area, right-click and chose select all. Right-click again and chose Copy.
  • Post back with the log.txt in your next reply.
[color="green"]Note: For Vista Users: Eset is compatible but Internet Explorer must be run as Administrator. To do this, right-click on the IE icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu.)

Take a new OTS scan log after too.

Any problems at the moment?

With Regards,
The Panda

#9 DoombringerATT

DoombringerATT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

Enclosed are both the OTS Post-Fix log, the ESET Post-Scan log, and updated OTS Scan log (in .txt format), in chronological order.

It's saying I'm close to my max attachment space though (445.06k / 512k).... Hopefully I won't have to post any more log files... :thumbup2:

---

OTS Post-Fix Log

[Registry - Safe List]
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB}\ deleted successfully.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB}\ not found.
Registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\igndlm.exe deleted successfully.
[Files/Folders - Created Within 30 Days]
C:\Windows\winudpmgr.exe moved successfully.
< End of fix log >
OTS by OldTimer - Version 3.0.9.3 fix logfile created on 07182009_071419

---

ESET Post-Scan Log

ESETSmartInstaller@High as downloader log:
all ok
# version=6
# OnlineScannerApp.exe=1.0.0.1
# OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.5886
# api_version=3.0.2
# EOSSerial=f9e662bb45b7f243956727c6f3facb9e
# end=finished
# remove_checked=true
# archives_checked=false
# unwanted_checked=true
# unsafe_checked=false
# antistealth_checked=true
# utc_time=2009-07-18 02:58:06
# local_time=2009-07-18 07:58:06 (-0800, Pacific Daylight Time)
# country="United States"
# lang=1033
# osver=6.0.6001 NT Service Pack 1
# compatibility_mode=3589 61 100 96 80841627788000
# compatibility_mode=5889 61 100 100 470454338910903
# scanned=239022
# found=0
# cleaned=0
# scan_time=2291

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTS.Txt   217.68KB   1 downloads

#10 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:18 AM

Hello.

That looks good. Unless there are any issues at the moment, we can wrap up.

Run Cleanup with OTScantIt
This will remove all the tools we used.
  • Double click the OTS.exe. If you are using Windows Vista, right click OTScanIt.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Click the CleanUp bottun.
  • Restart if prompted.
Set New System Restore Point
Now you should set a Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since System Restore is a protected directory, tools cannot access it to delete these bad files, which sometimes can reinfect your system. Setting a new restore point after cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:
  • Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click System Restore.
  • Choose the radio button marked Create a Restore Point on the first screen then click Next. Give the Restore Point a name then click Create.
  • Then, click on Start > Run and type:
    cleanmgr
  • Click OK > More Options tab.
  • Click Clean Up in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.
Please re-enable any antimalware programs that were disabled during the fix.

Preventing Malware Infection in the Future
Please take some time to look at the following links, giving some advice and suggestions for preventing future infections: For general slowness problems that you may have, take a look at Slow Computer/browser? It May Not Be Malware. Read How to use the Startup Database to identify and disable uneeded processes and increase the amount of available resources.

Do you have any questions or concerns?

With Regards,
The Panda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users