Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acronis: purchase download or CD version?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MarieBoyer

MarieBoyer

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:16 PM

I want to buy Acronis True Image to make an image of my computer in case of disaster. Is there any reason to buy the CD version versus the "download version"? (Something tells me it is better to have the CD, but I am a newbie and would like to know from the experts.) :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gilmour

gilmour

• Banned
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:28 PM

If you get the download version put it on a disc and put an autorun command in there with it

#3 coolchris706

coolchris706

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 09 July 2005 - 02:48 PM

If your a newbie and don't know how to put it on a disk and give it an auto run command then your best bet would be to get the CD version. I personally like CD versions of most any software that I had to pay for so that I don't accidentally throw the CD away or misplace it or something of the sort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users