Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TrayApp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ashara_*

Guest_ashara_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:01 AM

I recently did a scan for spyware and the program must have deleted something critical because now I keep getting a message to install TrayApp. By reading several other sites of this nature, it was suggested that I put my HP disc in, find the TrayApp and reinstall it. Unfortunately, I've had several updates since the initial installation of my HP printer. I think my only option is to remove and reinstall my printer. Do you know if there's anywhere on line where I can get this driver for installation without having to remove my printer installation and reinstall it?

Ashara

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:19 AM

Trayapp is basicly the HP Toolbox that sits in your system tray and informs you of what is going on with your printer.

Can you tell us what model HP printer you have?

Once this is known, the driver can be downloaded and opened by means of Winrar or 7Zip and you can find just the files you're looking for instead of having to uninstall and reinstall your printer.

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 Guest_ashara_*

Guest_ashara_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:42 AM

It seems I've done it again. Last time this happened, I had to uninstall my printer and then reinstall it (I wasn't notified of your response, so I'm sorry I didn't respond to you) and that was anything but fun. I'm using HP C5200. I've tried searching on line for trayapp.msi and haven't had any luck. I keep getting told that I have to install this software that will fix the problem, but then they want to be paid to use the software. I've tried reinstalling TrayApp from my original disc and I get a message that the requested item can't be found. I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions?

Ash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users