Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD drives are missing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LeDrew

LeDrew

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:00 AM

My drives are missing. Gone from device manager and nowhere to be found in My computer.

The drives are installed correctly to the power supply and the like. The drive operate in the way the door will open and try an read the CDs (Cd's, DVD's, blank and full and even real dvds), but would ultimately fail. These drive are not new and are local to the machine, I took them out and they worked in another PC.

Reinstalling them several times have yet to work and I'm afraid to do it anymore. Upon reinstall i did notice however that my DVDplayer is recognized by my BIOS. The name of the drive is "LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-5(thats all it gives me)."

Here is the reason why I think my drives are gone. I installed Daemon tools (it ate up my E: drive). That was the latest thing I did, So I uninstalled it, did all of the above and still no luck. I tried this Microsoft Fix it or something and that didnt work. Then I tried it again later and it says its not compatible with my version of windows, I know it worked though, because itunes sayed i need to reinstall. And people toled me to delete some upper and lowers stuff? I didn't find them. I guess that fix it got rid of it.

Anyway I am stumped on what to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:05 AM

Have you tried a system restore to before you installed DaemonTools?

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 LeDrew

LeDrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:18 AM

I have indeed tried that. I did a restore to the beginning of time(earlier this month). But it was still installed.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:26 AM

Delete the upper/lower filter keys

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben...p;x=12&y=13
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 LeDrew

LeDrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:36 AM

Delete the upper/lower filter keys

One of the last things I said were those upper and lower keys were already gone. I suspect microsoft fix it of doing that for me.

#6 LeDrew

LeDrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

I did it, I got it fixed. The problem was one drive was CS and the other was master. Changing those fixed my problem. Thats for all you help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users