Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File system error 16389

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheScunnerCherry

TheScunnerCherry

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

hi.

I've been trying in vain to burn dvds to dvd rw TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552D.

I've tried various burning software like nero, cheetah, deepburner but to no avail.

When I drag and drop a file to the drive usin My Computer is comes up with error - File system error 16389.

Can anyone help please?

The Scunner

ps It took me ages and a day to get rid of nero from my machine.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:25 PM

My first thought would be to clear your system of Upper and Lower Filters for your DVD drive. Microsoft has a page with instructions located here: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-u...p;x=12&y=13

Also, could you tell us what model laptop you have?

I was reading some information regarding Gateways with this Samsung drive installed in them and having firmware issues after updating firmware at the request of Gateway.

TSST drives are made by Samsung. Just thought you might like to know that. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:00 PM

If the upper and lower filters fix suggested above doesn't work open the Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc"). Locate the CD/DVD drive, right click on it and select "Uninstall". After it has uninstalled reboot the computer (it will be automatically reinstalled).

You could also try cleaning the laser using one of those drive cleaning kits
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users