Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HijackThis Advisories

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:33 PM

Hi,

I was just wondering why it is that the only forum I see an advisory on where to post a HijackThis log is on the General Chat forum. It seems to me like the advisory that is on that forum should be on the AII (only an advisory about ComboFix there) and XP and other forums where those logs seem to pop up quite often.

Is there any reason that there isn't, or couldn't be, that advisory on those forums?

Also, thanks for all you guys do, this place is great :thumbsup:

Edited by Stang777, 25 June 2009 - 06:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:16 PM

I'm not sure why it's not on all forums. Probably because it'd be redundant?

Of course, this is on the Forums Thread description of the Am I Infected? forum near the bottom of its description in bold.

No HijackThis logs should be posted in this forum

It could be redundant to have that in the AII area, but then again......yeah, I'm not sure. I'm not a staff member or anything, so I'd better shut up.

Edited by scff249, 25 June 2009 - 11:17 PM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#3 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:11 AM

Thanks for your thoughts and you are probably right but I think many people probably quit reading that description long before getting to that last line, I know I did. Until you pointed that part out, I did not see it at all. The majority of the misplaced Hijack This logs seems to be on the XP forum where there is no advisory whatsoever, leastwise not that I see, but maybe I am missing that too.

The advisory on the General Chat forum and the advisory about Combofix on the AII forum catch my eye right off.

#4 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:22 PM

The Combofix advisory is there, but people still put up combofix logs every once in a while in the AII forum, which means that people don't read the big bold in blue......maybe if it was red and bigger.....then again, it'd probably be distracting.

But yeah, it's more on the sense of "Please, I need help right away, so I don't really care where to post it....so I'll just post it in the XP forum" or something to that effect. And even when it does get moved to the Misplaced HJT Logs section, there are some people who won't be getting back to it for whatever reason.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users