Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DvD Creation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:29 PM

I burned a DVD of "Motivational Posters" and some music. It burned correctly and it loads in everything.

The problem is that my DVD player sucks. It only plays the pictures and I can't find any way to play the music at all.

So my question is:

Is there a way I can set up a DVD menu type thing to open up the music folder by folder?

EDIT:

I meant on the same disk. It's a DVD+R. Or am I going to have to make a new disk? and If I were to make a new disk what free software could I use for MP3's? Burner XP is what I used, and Xilisoft's DVD Creator only allows me to work with Videos.

Edited by Newb4Life, 25 June 2009 - 05:47 PM.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 High500

High500

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:35 AM

The only option for a DVD to play music if it does not support mp3's, is to encode the music into a dvd Movie with either a blank video track or even some of the poster images you have used. Most DVD players do support file browsing for mp3 so try messing around with the menus when you have the disc inserted.

Hope this helps!

High500

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 AM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:45 AM

Experiment with windows movie maker

After you merge the pictures and music into a timeline you can save as wmv file and the use a conversion and authoring tool like dvdflick to convert to standard dvd video format for universal playability
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 t3s

t3s
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

After spending some time searching the net I found a program called "Audio DVD Creator". The trial is limited but it does what it's supposed to.

Thanks guys.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

#5 High500

High500

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:25 AM

Excellent, glad you found something that suits your needs!

high500

Edited by High500, 02 July 2009 - 05:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users