Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will not start up windows

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 carsrus

carsrus

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

The office computer where i work is not starting windows, it is a dell and running windows xp. When it is turned on, it gives me a blue screen saying "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area", then it says "pysical memory dump complete", "windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer", and gives an error code "0x00000050". Tried starting in f8 mode with it saying the same thing. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:01 PM

This is what I came up with for this stop error:

Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

# If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

# Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.

Microsoft KB articles:

STOP 0x00000050 PrtSeqRd deferencing null device object
STOP 0x50 Error starting Windows after connecting a scanner

Have you recently installed new RAM?

Have you recently installed a new hardware device or new drivers for an existing hardware device?

Open your device manager and see if you have any alerts next to any of the hardware devices installed on your computer.

Click "Start Button" > "Control Panel" > "System" > "Hardware" tab > "Device Manager" to open your Device Manager

See what you have there and let us know.

Also you may have to do this by starting your computer in the "Safe Mode"

ranger72 :thumbsup:

Edited by ranger72, 25 June 2009 - 04:43 PM.

So Much To Learn; So Little Time To Learn It In!

#3 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:37 PM

OOps! Pardon me for not saying "Welcome to Bleepingcomputer Forums. I failed to recognize this was your first post.

So Welcome Aboard!

Please follow these instructions to start your confuser in "Safe Mode" in the event you don't already know how.

Clicky: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Please let us know what you come up with.

Edited by ranger72, 25 June 2009 - 04:39 PM.

#4 carsrus

carsrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

i actually did install new ram, but that has been a month ago. We do run a program called partsmart for our diagrams that was installed a couple of days ago. Im new to actually fixing computers hands on so any step by step insturctions on what to do from here would be appreciated. oh btw, another know it all guy here downloaded some kind of anti virus thing a few days ago too. I knew it looked suspicious but i didnt say anything.

#5 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 02:47 PM

sorry for the delay,

1st follow these instructions to start your computer in safe mode: Windows XP

Using the F8 Method:

1. Restart your computer.
2. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
3. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
4. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode.

THEN: Open your device manager and see if you have any alerts next to any of the hardware devices installed on your computer. To open your device manager do the following:

Click "Start Button" > "Control Panel" > "System" > "Hardware" tab > "Device Manager" to open your Device Manager

Once your device manager is open look for the menu bar in the upper left hand corner of the "Device Manager" properties dialogue box and left click on "View" Then scroll down the drop down menu and left click on "show hidden devices"

Now look for any Yellow Exclamation marks or yellow Question marks and if there are any beside any of your hardware devices tell us what they are.

If there are no big yellow exclamation marks or Question marks tell us that as well and then we will go to the next step!

Can you tell us what AntiVirus program your associate downloaded/Installed?

Please do the above listed instructions first and get back to us.

Good Luck,

#6 carsrus

carsrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:55 AM

I wish i could do all of that stuff, but i cant even get windows started in safe mode. ive tried the f8 mode, safe mode, safe mode with networking, with command prompt, everything. It still will not start windows, just the blue screen. How can i start it when the blue screen wont let me? all i can get into is system configuration. the downloaded program was called system protection or something like that. i know it is a virus because it forces itself to download on your computer. i did erase it off of the one working computer, it is still on the one that is down as far as i know.

#7 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:04 PM

I believe the proper thing to do at this point is to move this thread over to : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ This is the "Am I Infected" forum where we have members who are experts in handling infected computers. It may take a while to get a response due to the case load that these great volunteers are presently under.

But I promise you if you are patient someone will come along to help.

I will contact a moderator to see if it is appropriate to move your thread.

Good Luck,

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:35 PM

Unfortunately, if you cannot get into Safe mode there's not much we can suggest
I'm not all the great reading BSOD codes. We do have a couple of tutorials that can assist you
They look rather daunting, but if you take your time to read through them they should help:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/
I would still test the memory:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/207910/how-to-test-your-ram/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201611/how-to-burn-an-iso-file/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#9 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:05 PM

carsarus

Under the circumstances if the links that Garmanma provided don't help then as far as I can see your only alternative is a clean re-install of your Windows Operating System from your microsoft disk.

good luck,

Edited by ranger72, 29 June 2009 - 08:06 PM.

#10 carsrus

carsrus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

ok, thank you very much. thats what i will do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users