Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to install linux to hard drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 StickDude101

StickDude101

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

Hello everyone. I currently have a copy of SLAMPP burned to a cd. And im trying to figure out how to install the OS to my hard drive. SLAMPP says it has support to install to harddrive, so that i dont have to enter the cd to launch the os.

My Specs

Pentium 3 500mhz
256mb Ram
40gb hard drive
64mb nvidia geforce 2 mx graphics card.

Please help me.

Thanks,

~StickDude101

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 powerjuce

powerjuce

• Members
  • 321 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

hey StickDude101
This CD has a slightly more involved way of installing this OS. Check here to read more.

If you need any more help please go ahead and ask

~powerjuce

#3 StickDude101

StickDude101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:02 PM

Tried all that before. Didn't know what the hell I was doing. Its sorta like the command prompt, except i dont know linux commands. And when i enter those commands at the site, it says not found.

So now im was going to install kubuntu, but I dont know if its simple to install the darn OS to my hard drive. I mean seriously, whats wrong with a point and click. I have live cds.

Also, am i able to install ubuntu server to my hard disk. Looking at images of the installer, theres an option at boot that says "INSTALL TO HARD DISK"

I wish every linux had it simple like that.

Thanks,

~StickDude101

#4 powerjuce

powerjuce

• Members
  • 321 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:07 PM

just be careful with the server editions, they are usually only commandline based unless you install webmin.

I hope that works

The reason that point-and-click is not used to much is because there is a lot more power from the commandline as you can configure more.

I hope the link helps

~powerjuce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users