Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:33 AM

Knoppix

I have a broadcom wireless card that doesn't show up in lspci.

When I do lspci there is an entry that says:
Bridge: Unknown Device aaaa:1112

When I go to use my windows driver in ndiswrapper, after the install, it says driver present but nothing about hardware present. When I try to assign the driver to aaaa:1112 it doesn't work.

Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 chameleon437

chameleon437

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:01 PM

Hi thrillhouse,

I have been looking for something simple for wireless for the last 2 years - the solution - VectorLinux 6.0 (alternatively DreamLinux 3.5 rc4 - unfortunately the final release did not work - for me). Both the distros mentioned used graphical interfaces for the install and only required the windows *.inf file installing to work - lot easier than Ubuntu. A word of advice though - if you have an onboard network card (built into mobo as most are these days) be sure to disable it in the bios otherwise your Linux distro will pick this up first and may prevent wireless card being picked up properly.

Best regards,
swarfendor437

#3 thrillhouse

thrillhouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:20 AM

thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic