Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:29 AM

So, for about a week now, I have getting the blue screen of death when logging into my character in eve, so I stopped playing and posted a support question on tech support, they said change graphics settings to "Interval Immediate" and update your driver, I did both and it worked, for about 20 minutes until my internet died, so thinking it would help I restarted my computer, as yahoo messenger was opening up, another blue screen of death, restarted, threw it into safe-mode, rolled back my driver and tried again, same thing, so, thinking it was yahoo messenger (I installed it this morning), I went into safe mode again and deleted it, tried again and got another blue screen of death a little bit after the computer started up. I went into safe-mode again, and tried a system restore, but apparently something is wrong with my system restore as I can't hit "Next" on the screen right after choosing the date you want to restore to (the confirmation screen) I just click it, and does the click animation (where it moves in and out) but nothing happens, running it from command prompt gives the same issue... so here I am typing this error message on my laptop freaking out that my dad will probably kick me out of his house because his computer refuses to run. I have considered wiping it, but my dad has seriously important documents that we haven't backed up (we don't have the money for a portable hard drive)

Oh, and I have looked at the installer for XP and read that I can repair but it doesn't seem to work

so, does anyone have ideas? I have til about 7:30 Eastern time tomorrow (PM) before my dad gets home and I seriously do not want to be disowned for something I didn't do.

EDIT: After no apparent reason, the computer starts again, this time with about 25 messages saying "Your computer has recovered from a serious error" all but one of which then lead to a website labeled "The error file was corrupted" the one that doesn't goes to "A driver has stopped forcing your computer to crash unexpectedly (or something like that)" then takes me to a dell support page, so I ran the driver reset and it restarted my computer, I will edit again with further information (still looking for feedback though)

EDIT2: Ok, computer restarted safely, and I have yet to figure out why my computer restarted well, but, when it restarted I saw a bunch of "Found new hardware" messages, they went away, and now everything seems good, but, is it safe to test out eve again? (I really don't want to have to go through this again.)

Edited by sausage, 25 June 2009 - 05:02 AM.

If I'm posting, I probably have something horribly wrong with my computer, there's no obvious explanation for it, that's just the way it is.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:56 AM

It sounds like this is more of a family issue than a computer one.

is it safe to test out eve again?

I would not. From a computer standpoint: If you suspect eve caused the problems, then I wouldn't use it. It is not uncommon for conflicts to occur, as no software works perfectly on all computers.

From a parenting standpoint:

I am typing this error message on my laptop freaking out that my dad will probably kick me out of his house because his computer refuses to run

Do you want to live on the street? :thumbsup:
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users