Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Background Window Changes on click

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stevebeasn

stevebeasn

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:09 AM

This is a pretty weird problem, and it's more of a frustration than anything, i'm just trying to figure out what is causing it. I don't think it's a virus because it's happened for a long time now, through many formats, re-installs, etc.

Anyway, my issue is this..

Let's say I have 3 full sized windows open and 2 small windows (ie chat windows)

a) E-Mail
b) FF Browser 1
c) FF Browser 2
d) YIM or AIM chat 1
e) YIM or AIM chat 2

If I click (not alt-tab) through from (a) to (b) to © to (b) to © like I would normally do while working and then click on (d), in theory the chat window should pop up with © in the background, however it seems randomly (d) will pop open, but the background window will switch to either (a) or (b), sometimes remaining on © like it should.

Notes:
- There is no pattern to this, and I can't force trigger it.
- It doesn't matter what the background window is. So it's not like a virus that's forcing a specific window open, sometimes e-mail will open, sometimes photoshop, doesn't matter. When it happens, it is usually the 2nd to last window I clicked instead of the last window like it should be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mod Edit: Changed the smilies back into (b)'s

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 02 July 2009 - 03:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevebeasn

stevebeasn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:33 PM

Hmm no replies yet. Well, it's still happening and I decided to capture it on video to help explain it better. Does anyone else have this problem?

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:18 PM

Happens to me to with Firefox. I think it's because Firefox is running two windows from the same process, and the first one that's opened is considered the "main" window. Or something...

#4 stevebeasn

stevebeasn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:23 PM

Hmm interesting. Well, the same thing happened when I clicked from Google to Yahoo, so i'm not sure it defaults to a 'main' window, but I do think you're on to something with it only being one process.

I'm having a new issue now however, likely unrelated, or not.. but when i'm in facebook, if i'm on a different firefox window and I get a chat message, it automatically sends me to that window. That came out of the blue today, never happened before in the past so i'm uninstalling a lot of things and going to run combofix, maybe there is something in the background messing with me.

#5 stevebeasn

stevebeasn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

Btw, my brother has been suggesting to me for awhile that it could be a roboform conflict, do you use roboform with FF? It does make sense that some type of add-on that i'm using, and taking from re-install to re-install would be causing this issue, and roboform is one of the few that i've used for years now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users