Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow startup and other problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sara2211

sara2211

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:26 AM

I have been recently experiencing problems with slow computer start up, it used to load up really fast but now it takes 5 minutes at least until the whole thing is ready to use. Also, when playing music and then opening another application of any kind on the computer at the same time the music slows down or fades and the whole computer goes slow. I have adaware checked it, spyware checked it, defragmented it and cleaned the registry but it is making no difference at all.

The computer is an AMD Athlon(ym) XP 2700+
2.6 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

Also I am only using 13.6GB of the 37.2 GB space there is on the C Drive.

A few months back there was a virus on the computer and no firewall for a short space of time but there is now a firewall and virus checks are constantly run as well as spyware and defragmenting.

I'm not that clued up on computers as most of you will be and so would be greatful of any advice, but I dont want to risk losing anything on my computer as its very important stuff and I need this computer for work!!

Thanks for any help. Sara

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:43 AM

What spyware programs do you use?
Have you run Error-checking, and Defragmented lately?
Also remove any programs from running at startup, that aren't absolutely necessary,
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users