Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CONFUSED!! BSOD ON MONITOR RESET!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Razoroth

Razoroth

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:34 PM

At first I wasn't quite sure if it was just coincidence or not, but after testing over and over again, 4 times to be precise, I know for sure this is crazy but true..

At any point in time when windows vista (x64) is loaded up, from the logon screen and beyond, if I turn off my monitor, then turn it back on, I no longer see my screen, but a blue screen of death comes up, with a general 0x0000007e stop error. This is the craziest BSOD error I've come across ever lol...

Monitor is a 19" Gateway FPD1975w LCD Monitor, connected to a Nvidia 9500 GT adapter via DVI cable. I just recently installed the Vista SP2 Release yesterday, along with the latest Nvidia drivers released on June 18th. It's only after these installations did I notice I was getting a BSOD when i turned my monitor back on with windows still running.

I'm going to try to roll back the drivers on the graphics card, because that seems to be the most logical thing to start with, but I would still like any advice (or knowledge if this has happened to anyone with vista before) on why this is happening and how to fix it.

I will repost if rolling back the drivers fixes the problem. Hopefully so but if it does, then the latest release for the 9 series is crap.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Razoroth

Razoroth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

Ok I just rolled back the drivers, rebooted, and now no BSOD from turning my monitor off and back on.

So would anyone care to direct me to Nvidia's complaint page? lol. That's a pretty weird bug there for the latest driver release.

#3 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:19 AM

:huh:
You can submit your 'experience' to Nvidia here: https://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=749...8f09e040b4a437a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users