Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer will not boot up

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kau_cinta_ku

kau_cinta_ku

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

my sisters computer is not alowing it to boot up. when you turn the pc off and turn it back on it gets to the HP invent screen and just stays there and does nothing else. it won't even alow me to get to safe mode. I was planning on just doing a system restore so if I lose any of the programs that is fine with me. also I do not have any disks that came with the computer. is there any thing I can do to fix this?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:37 PM

You can try running chkdsk from the Recovery Console. You can create your own Recovery Console disk with this file:

http://www.thecomputerparamedic.com/files/rc.iso

You must burn this file to a CD as an ISO. Post back if you need more information on how to do this.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 kau_cinta_ku

kau_cinta_ku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:46 PM

i will try that ty very much

#4 kau_cinta_ku

kau_cinta_ku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:51 PM

ok I saved it to my pc and burned it onto a cd, however when I put it in the other pc the pc is not even booting up enough to read the cd. I push power and right away the HP INVENT screen shows up and thats all.

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:56 PM

If the computer won't even boot from a CD then I don't think there is much we can do. Sounds like a hardware failure.

If you are comfortable working inside the computer you could open up the case and check all the connections to make sure nothing has come loose. You could also blow out any dust.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 kau_cinta_ku

kau_cinta_ku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:02 PM

i will give that a try, and again ty very much for the help

#7 kau_cinta_ku

kau_cinta_ku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:06 PM

ok when I went back to check on the pc it read this ERROR 0251 system CMOS Checksum bad - default configuration used

F1 - setup
F2 - resume

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:16 PM

You should try removing the motherboard (CMOS) battery for an hour or so (which should reset the BIOS) then put it back and and try to boot the computer. Make sure the computer is not plugged in to the power while you do this.

If that doesn't help you should try replacing the battery with a new one.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/81

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 kau_cinta_ku

kau_cinta_ku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:28 PM

once again ty for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users