Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ESENT Error Message

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tizzyloucat

tizzyloucat

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:21 PM

I have been getting this error message for the last few days. I have no idea what it means or how to make it go away. It is an application error. I am running XP Pro svc2 on Athalon 64 Asus M2N SLI Deluxe Board. If you need more information, please let me know. I have two computers I tried to network so I could share files between the two of them and I don't know anything about networking...It works but I am afraid I might have messed with some security setting somewhere that is going to require a reinstall and start over. I hope not!

svchost (1160) An attempt to open the file

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\{127D0A1D-4EF2-11D1-8608-00C04FC295EE}\c

atdb" for read / write access failed with system error 32

(0x00000020): "The process cannot access the file because it is being

used by another process. ". The open file operation will fail with

error -1032 (0xfffffbf8).

I also got this stop error this morning: C0000021a Fatal System Error: 0xC0000005 (0x75e94d59 0x017fod8) Subsystem has been shut down. I read on another site this is a Kernel side failsafe that happens when CSRSS exits or is killed and that it means the System Account no longer has adequate permissions. What have I done to deserve this? What can I do to fix this? I was trying to install Google Chrome when I got this blue screen.
:thumbsup:

Edited by tizzyloucat, 24 June 2009 - 05:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type the following commands, and then press ENTER after each line:

net stop cryptsvc
ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 oldcatroot2
net start cryptsvc
exit

Remove all tmp*.cat files from the following folder:

%systemroot%\system32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}

Only remove files that start with tmp.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 tizzyloucat

tizzyloucat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:22 PM

THANKS! Didn't get a notification I had a response. I have printed your instructions.

Do I just go to the file and delete the files one by one?

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:24 PM

Yeah - just delete them one by one.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users