Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer loads, Monitor Won't respond

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boomer456

boomer456

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:17 PM

First off i feel i am very proficient in finding and fixing problems with my computer my self...this time i am stumped...

Alright, I woke up this mourning to find out it was going to be a a very long day. I attempt to wake the monitor up (i leave it on 24/7) by moving the mouse/keyboard, but this does nothing. I look at the monitor to see it blinking as if it were sleeping which would be 100% normal. I then restart the computer and it is still happening. The monitor isn't saying to check the connection or anything as it is just a blank screen. Now is where my confusion sets in...I went to go change out monitors, but when i did the same thing happened with the new monitor so i think we can throw out any idea that it is the monitor. What i do know is that the computer is loading because I turned my speakers on and the windows login sounds are going and my laser mouse and keyboard are lighting up. I believe i have narrowed it down to either the motherboard or the video card. The strange this is that the night before i let the monitor turn off on its own timing like usual, but like i said when I woke up the computer was on like usual, but the monitor was not responding. Can anyone help me out with any past experiences or ideas??? Could it be the motherboard, would it even start if it were? How bout the video card, does that sound like a malfunctioned video card?

Thank you for your time, Please help!!! :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:29 PM

If you have a video card it sounds like it failed.
If you have onboard video as well as a video card remove the video card, hook the monitor to the onboard, & try it.

If you don't have onboard you are going to need a known good video card to continue troble shooting it.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 boomer456

boomer456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

I do have a video card, Nvidia 8600GTS, and i do not have any onboard video.
Unfortunately I do not have another video card at my disposal...time to get out the old Credit card...
Ill keep you updated when i switch out a new one...Ty for the advice

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

When you get a new video card if you get a display [I expect you will] start the computer in Safe Mode & uninstall the old nvidia drivers our you will probably have a reboot loop problem after the new card is installed. :thumbsup:
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users