Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Onboard Video Driver?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rob250x

rob250x

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:45 AM

Hi,
I have just done a clean install of win98 on a compaq P3-800mhz Deskpro En.
I have no driver software and am stuck in 16 colors and 640x480 res. The AGP slot has a small 4mb card which I assume is the onboard video card or additional memory for the onboard video card. On it there is a sticker that says:

-------------------------------------------
MT2LSDT132AGP-6E2 AIMM-133-333
US BZAB4XT003 200115
4MB, SYNCH, AIMM
-------------------------------------------

I am lost trying to find a correct driver, there must be a generic compaq driver for onboard video??. I just want to have the resolution at 800x600 in high color and I didnt want to buy a new video card just to get drivers. I already looked through the Compaq website with no luck. Any help is much appreciated!! :thumbsup:

:flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :cool:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bluto

bluto

• Banned
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:56 AM

The drivers should be on the Motherboard cd for internal ,read the Manual on this.
I hope you have all this included with your purchase.
Where did you get this PC ?
Did you not get a AGP card CD ?

:thumbsup:
1 more point,where did you connect your monitor as it seems you have 2 choices.
The AGP slot is not the onboard video.

Edited by bluto, 05 July 2005 - 01:04 AM.

#3 rob250x

rob250x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:04 AM

Hi,

This was bought off ebay and had no software at all for anything. I already knew that, I just didn't think I'd have trouble finding a place to download what I needed.

Regards,
Rob.

#4 rob250x

rob250x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:06 AM

"1 more point,where did you connect your monitor as it seems you have 2 choices."
------------

The 4mb card is tiny and doesn't have a plug like other video cards, I think maybe it's just a memory expansion so theres only one place to plug in.

#5 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:02 AM

Hi Rob250x,

Deskpro EN P800 drivers

The above link will take you to the Compaq driver download area. Compaqs are always fun to play with. My school district uses Compaq/HP exclusively. The driver you are searching for is probably going to be either the matrox adapter, the nVidia adapter, or the Intel adapter. I know that is a broad statement, but Compaq may have used any of those. When the computer starts, and everything appears on your sceen as black and white, look to see if you notice one of those makers listed.

There is also a section for SFF, or small form factor computers. The size of that computer is about 4" high by 14" wide. I am fairly certain that the drivers are the same for the too, but will list a link anyways.

P800 SFF computers

AGP memory expansion This is the expansion card you decribed. It is an add on that boosts memory for video.

Good luck,

Rigel

Edited by rigelslight, 05 July 2005 - 07:06 AM.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#6 rob250x

rob250x
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:38 AM

Hi rigelslight,

Thanks for the detailed answer, I tried all 3 driver packs and the last one i tried worked ;). It was the Intel driver. Thanks heaps!

Regards,
Rob.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users