Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quicken fails to launch

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kamaine

kamaine

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:20 AM

Running WinXP, my Quicken 2006 fails to launch with an error message much the same. All other software seems to be fine. Recently rid myself of a trojan. Can't remember if I've used it since then or not. Thanks for you help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:40 AM

Quickest fix is going to be to put your Quicken 2006 disk in and run the setup program on it. You may get an option to repair problems during the install, but if not, just reinstall Quicken and restore your files from your latest backup. It sounds like Quicken became corrupt some how.

You might try to shut down your computer, pull the power cord from the back, then plug it back in and power up. Its possible that may fix it if you haven't tried it yet.
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#3 kamaine

kamaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:15 PM

Oh, if it only were that easy. I tried shutting down, unplugging. The CD is long gone. The victim of a careless mover. Hate to have to buy it again. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

#4 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

No other thoughts. It being a 2006 version of Quicken, it's about time to update to the 2009 version anyway. Sorry I couldn't help anymore than that.
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#5 kamaine

kamaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for your help. This is solved. I contacted Quicken and they fixed the issue with a couple of downloads.

#6 SubMariner

SubMariner

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for your help. This is solved. I contacted Quicken and they fixed the issue with a couple of downloads.

You are VERY lucky! I strongly suggest getting/installing the latest Quicken version and keeping that CD chained around your neck. :thumbsup: Kidding!

But seriously, get the 2009 version. It's less glitchy than its predecessors.

Bonne chance,
=SubMariner=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users