Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

web download problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chris lee

chris lee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:21 PM

i have windows 98 se and when i download from the web it always uses acrobat reader. so when i click to open it it says cannot open because it is not a supported file or the file has bean currupted..im sure acrobat reader is not the program to use to open a dvd program from the web.. so how can i change/ fix this? thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:34 PM

Does this just happen with dvd programs, or with ALL downloaded files? If there is only one file type this happens with, you can change the program associated with it.

Right click on one of the downloaded files. Go to the properties, then General. Look for type of file and then below that "opens with"---most likely Acrobat Reader--- and a change tab. When you click on that tab,you will see a dialogue box showing various applications. Choose the one you want to open this file extension/type with. Just below the choices, look for a little box to check that says "always use this program to open these files." (This may vary between versions of Windows, but should be similar enough to allow you to change associations).

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 chris lee

chris lee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:01 PM

this happens with all downloaded files..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users