Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Speakers or soundcard?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WiReFrAmE

WiReFrAmE

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

Hi guys,

I tried to record something with Hypercam a while back, but the sound would not work. I tried to adjust volume control settings in Volume Control and Sound Control on my Windows XP, but nothing works. I switched to Camstudio 2.0 for a while, but it keeps prompting me to check the "What-U-Hear" section on the "Audio Settings for Microphone" tab. However, no such thing exists. I'm using a Logitech speaker. Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

Do you get any sound from your speakers at all? Ex. during windows start, playing a game, listening to music or anything.
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#3 WiReFrAmE

WiReFrAmE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

Yes. It's just when it's recording when the problem happens. I get sound from my speakers normally.

#4 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:46 PM

It sounds like either your mic is dead or your mic port is dead. It could be a setting in the Control Panel sound control is not turned on or something but it sounds like you tried that before posting anything. Double check your mic settings and if possible, borrow another mic from someone and see if the new mic works.
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 26 June 2009 - 07:32 AM

Is this how you checked the properties in sound control?

Open up the mixer from the sys tray volume icon.
Click on OPTIONS on the left upper side.
Choose Properties, then Recording.
A box will open, check the ones you want to show.
Click OK.
Stereo Mixer or What You Hear should now be available to you, check the select box to enable it.

#6 WiReFrAmE

WiReFrAmE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:52 AM

It sounds like either your mic is dead or your mic port is dead. It could be a setting in the Control Panel sound control is not turned on or something but it sounds like you tried that before posting anything. Double check your mic settings and if possible, borrow another mic from someone and see if the new mic works.

I'm not using a mic, is that the problem? Because I don't have one.

Is this how you checked the properties in sound control?

Open up the mixer from the sys tray volume icon.
Click on OPTIONS on the left upper side.
Choose Properties, then Recording.
A box will open, check the ones you want to show.
Click OK.
Stereo Mixer or What You Hear should now be available to you, check the select box to enable it.

Yes, but Stereo Mixer and What You Hear don't appear.

#7 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

Check out this from another forum site and see if it helps at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users