Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP registry key problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PjurChaos

PjurChaos

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:00 AM

Hello!

I'm new here so i really don't know how things go in this forum but i'm going to have to ask you to forgive me if i break any of the rules or smth :flowers:
Also, sorry if this is not to right section for this topic :thumbsup:

oke, so lets get to the point :trumpet:

here's the problem:
everytime my Girlfriends Mother logs onto her account on the PC she gets this error from Windows

"Specified registry key 'SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\hewlett-packard\scheduledlaunch\clj_cm1312_mfp_series' not found in Registry in either this exact location, or the WOW6432 location"

And right after that there comes a "stopped working and needs to be closed" debugger bop-up for HPToolboxFX...

How do i Fix this Problem?
Absolutely ANY help will be appreciated!

*edit*
I also searched some other forums and found out that this WOW6432Node section in registry is meant for 64-bit Windows installations which use 32-bit software/drivers, which are stored in the Wow6432node registry :inlove:
*/edit*

Thanks in Advance,
PjurChaos

Edited by PjurChaos, 23 June 2009 - 08:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:31 AM

Hi Pjurchaos,

Can your girlfriend's mother (let's call her GM for the sake of my typing) log on using another account, for instance, the administrator account? If she can get Windows open, please ask her to go to Start>Run and copy/paste in the little box msconfig and click on ok. I would like for her to then put a checkmark next to diagnostic mode and then click on the Start-Up tab and see if there's an entry for something like Hewlett Packard Video or an HP printer or something like this. In Normal startup mode all of these items in the start-up tab will be checked. In diagnostic mode, they will all be unchecked. I would like for her to put a checkmark next to everything except the HP items and then have her click on okay and then reboot.

Let me know if this does anything please.

Thanks.
Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users