Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling MS office 2007

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sreez

sreez

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:22 AM

Hello All :trumpet:

It so happened that I wanted to test MS Office 2007. I was having MS office 2003 on my system. My bad :thumbsup: was that I didnt uninstall 2003 before trying 2007.

When 2007 was installing I tried to stop it by "msiexec.exe" or something similar to this. Therefore Now when I am trying to uninstall 2007 from control panel -->Add/remove programs I get a error "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system"

I have tried changing from "regional & language options" of control panel to US from UK. But that didn't help :flowers:

So please advice me in remove this package.

Edited by sreez, 23 June 2009 - 06:28 AM.

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:26 AM

Hello sreez,

How to manually uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

It's a pain
Be sure to backup your Office documents. I lost a couple
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 sreez

sreez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for link M...

@Garmanma seems like a pain :flowers: but I will try it. Thanks for advise.

Just of curiosity How come you always have either experience of all the topics asked here or solution :thumbsup:

Sreez

LIFE is so simple, if you know the reason of your existence at certain place. Treat every step as first one and trust god, friends, relatives and everyone.

Its a simple magic trick given to me by one friend also and I am at this stage  :love4u:

#5 sreez

sreez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

OK I checked the link and I am struck at this point

Step 1:

6. For each .msi file where the subject is "Microsoft Office Product_Name 2007," right-click the .msi file, and then click Uninstall.

Note Product_Name is a placeholder for the name of the 2007 Microsoft Office product.

I was able to uninstall MS office One note 2007 but when trying to uninstalling the .msi file of "MS office Enterprise 2007" it gives me warning message The action is only valid for the current installed products

Should I leave and go further :thumbsup:

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:14 PM

Should I leave and go further

Yes, continue

Just of curiosity How come you always have either experience of all the topics asked here or solution

Lots of friends with a lot of computers

Edited by garmanma, 23 June 2009 - 06:15 PM.

Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#7 sreez

sreez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:58 AM

Yes, continue

Thanks for go ahead

Lots of friends with a lot of computers

I like that :thumbsup:

Ok now again I am struck here Step 3: option 5 Open the drive_letter:\MSOCache\All Users folder, and then delete every folder that has the following text in the folder name:
0FF1CE)-

I don't have any folder called with the mentioned name

Step 4 option 2 Delete the following files:

• Normal.dotm
  • Normalemail.dotm

I was in doubt to delete these files as wondering what about the installations files of my MS office 2003. :trumpet:

Please advice on this Garmanma.

Cheers :flowers:

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:15 AM

I just went along and deleted everything it said to and if a folder wasn't there I just skipped to the next step
I didn't worry about my other Office install because I still had the CD for it
Mark
Posted Image

#9 sreez

sreez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 634 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

Hmm ok :thumbsup:

That process went easy for me. The reason being

Step 4 option notes
If you cannot open this folder because the folder does not exist, go to step 6.

Thanks again for help guys :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users