Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lots of Vista SP2 problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vsvs

vsvs

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:04 AM

Posted Image
Hey BC since I installed SP2 I have lost most of my control panel, system windows, etc and alot of features and just one program i noticed so far (Sony Vegas 8.0) I get alot of these blank windows.
Then theres also the problem of explorer.exe crashing after i open folders, ie, i go to my computer>>c:>>my documents>>....crash
Even when i was putting that picture in paint, the dialog box lost all the options of saving as .PNG , .GIF and so on.
Help please :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Djking

Djking

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:15 AM

Do a "System Restore". I am not sure if you can set restore point before you downloaded SP2. If that does not work, you should re-install you OS.

#3 killerb255

killerb255

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:41 PM

SP2 automatically sets its own restore point before it installs (assuming System Restore is turned on). As long as you don't run the SP2 cleanup utility afterward, you can go back to the original restore point.

#4 DeathStalker

DeathStalker

• Banned
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

Microsoft is providing FREE support for Vista SP2 update problems. If you use the following link and follow the prompts, they will provide you with email, live chat, or even PHONE SUPPORT. LOL yep, you can even talk to them on the phone for free for Vista PS2 installation problems.

Microsoft SP2 support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users