Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pages Not Found

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Eluzion

Eluzion

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:34 PM

This is really making me mad.. :thumbsup:

Anyway, let me explain, I'm an active artist, and I use www.soundclick.com alot, to post my new music, ect. But I try to go to it now, with FireFox it says "A connection to soundclick.com can not be made" or somethin along those lines, and with Internet Explorer it takes me to an MSN Search. How can I correct this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:20 PM

Are you using a bookmark to try and get there, or are you typing in the address? What happens if you tye in the address?

Is this something that just started today?

#3 bluto

bluto

• Banned
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:30 PM

Are you using a bookmark to try and get there, or are you typing in the address? What happens if you tye in the address?

Is this something that just started today?

Some websites don't allow you to save anything as a bookmark
but the home page.
Try that and follow maybe logging in.

#4 Eluzion

Eluzion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:47 AM

This started around 2 or 3 days ago, I've tried using a bookmark and typing it in, i've ran Ad-Aware, and Spybot, but the problem is still there.

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:18 AM

http://www.soundclick.com/

I was able to navigate there. I copied and pasted the URL above, from my address bar. The site may have been down.
Posted Image

#6 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:17 AM

Is the exact error message "A connection can not be made....?" That would be helpful in diagnosing your problem.

#7 Eluzion

Eluzion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:04 PM

No, it says "Soundclick.com cannot be found"

Edited by Eluzion, 07 July 2005 - 10:05 PM.

#8 Eluzion

Eluzion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 05:56 PM

Please help, now it says "Cannot Find Server"

#9 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 06:29 PM

I have no idea what is happening with your system, or what you have been doing, but I am willing to at least take a look at your system and see if there is something else going on that is screwing things up.

Could you do the following for me?
Download 'Hijack This!'.
Save it in a convenient permanent folder such as C:\HJT\, double click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
Press that, save the log, Ctrl-A to Select All, and copy its contents here. Once I get a look at it, I might have a better idea of what is happening.

#10 Eluzion

Eluzion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:38 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/HJT...tml#entry138495

#11 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:18 PM

Your log is fine.... so when you try to go to soundclick.com, it takes you to msn.com?

I know you have gone over some of these questions before, but so many people are giving such dofferent advice, and nobody is really following a path that makes sense so far. So bear with me.

1) What happens when you click on the bookmark?
2) What happens when you type in the address?
3) What happens if you click on the link that Scarlett posted above?
4) Have you tried disabling SpywareGuard
5) Have you tinkered with your security settings at all?
6) Have you added any new programs.
7) Did you update anything on the day the problem started?

Settings don't just change all by themselves, even though it may seem like it at times. :thumbsup:

#12 Eluzion

Eluzion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:33 PM

First, it only takes me to the MSN search when I use I.E. When I use Firefox, it says "soundclick.com cannot be found"

1.) I deleted the Bookmark, but before, the same message came up saying "soundclick.com cannot be found"

2.) Same as #1

3.) It Opens the new window, then displays the same message in #1

4.) I just got spyware guard at 12:15 Am on July 8th - so no I haven't

5.) No I haven't

6.) When I posted my HJT log, and it came back that it was fine, I was told to download certain programs, I did download, and install them. They were: Spyware Blaster, IE Spyad2, CleanUp, And the Winhelp2002 Hosts File, but something went wrong with that, and I couldn't install it, Also I downloaded A-Squared, Spyware Guard, and Outpost Firewall Pro.

7.) No, I just updated today, and the problem started the 7th.

See, after Cretemonster helped me, my computer worked perfect, then when I downloaded those programs, one of those must've infected my computer.

#13 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:41 PM

They are not infecting you.. they are seeing some kind of behavior in the web page and blocking it. It isn't necessarily bad behavior, some programs are a little over sensitive. If I were you, I would try disabling SPywareGuard first. If that doesn't do it, I would bet even money that something in your hosts file is blocking it. HJT has an application built into it for viewing your hosts file.

Click Config>Misc Tools>Hosts file Tool, and look through the list and see if there is an entry for soundclick.com. If there is, delete it.

If there isn't an entry, your firewall may be blocking it. I'm not familiar with how it works, or how to check what is blocked, so I can't help you there.

Also try disabling SpywareBlaster protection.

I wish I would have known from the get go that you had just installed a bunch of protection software.. that would have made this much quicker. :thumbsup:

#14 Eluzion

Eluzion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:53 PM

I'm sorry, I should've mentioned that..:thumbsup:

I unistalled Spyware Guard, and it's working fine now, just wondering, is it a good program to use? Or should I keep it unistalled?

Thanks for all the help :flowers:

:trumpet:

Edited by Eluzion, 08 July 2005 - 09:54 PM.

#15 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:14 PM

SpywareGuard is a very good prgram to use... we routinely recommend all of those. I don't use it, but I have different protections in place. Is there a way to allow that site through so that you can continue using the program?

Don't worry about the lack of info.. we just need to ask the right questions, and when you have ten different people giving advice, it is hard to stay focused on one path.

Just glad we got you back on track. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users