Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't change default email program on winxp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kcgirl

kcgirl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

can't change default email program from outlook express to my isp, roadrunner webmail. have gone through internet options,programs where there is only 2 choices-outlook express or hotmail, which i want neither of them to be. i need my default email program to be my roadrunner webmail, i don't know how to answer the techical questions in outlook about incoming & outgoing email servers. anyway, back to original problem. how do i override the outlook express as my default email program? my home page is fine, showing the webmail login page for roadrunner even though this home page comment may not have anything to do with default email. in case i did not tell you yet, i have windows xp home. sorry that i ramble on. thanks for quick reply. this is my 1st post, so does the reply go to my email address to have instant access? i lost webmail as default program when computer got virus & time warner reinstalled windows xp and explorer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:43 PM

As I understand you, you want your Roadrunner webmail page to come up whenever you click on an e-mail link? This is possible, but not by changing any XP settings.

The only way I know how this can be done is through the use of the Mail2Webmail plugin in Firefox (if you use Internet Explorer or another browser, there may be an equivalent plugin or addon, but I don't know)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users