I know that the board rules asks that questions here ought to be as specific as possible, but unfortunately my problems are varied and I can't help but wonder if they're all related as they've all come to light around the same time as each other (the past month). I will shamefully admit, I have my share of high-end software that has fallen off the truck, however I've yet to have any problems until now. If you are still willing to bear with me, I'm currently experiencing the following issues, listed from the greatest to the least:
- Computer hangs forever when resuming Windows from Hibernation
- Internet tends to become sluggish and/or fickle after awhile in use
- Windows Explorer crashes frequently (particularly when viewing video clips stashed in a folder on an external harddrive containing hundreds of other clips)
- System shutdown occasionally very slow
- System startup occasionally very slow
- Firefox, on occasion will randomly disappears/closes without any warning or error message
My specs are as follows:
Dell XPS 630I
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad
Video Card: ATI FirePro V5700
Windows XP SP3
This computer is less than a year old. Might anyone have an idea of what could be happening with my machine and what steps I can take toward getting it back into tip-top shape?
Thanks so much in advance!