Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

disk burner or software message on itunes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 agavne

agavne

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

this is my first post and i hate my bleeping computer today... i have used itunes to burn a disk successfully but all of a sudden it gives me an error message, as noted in topic title. i did a web search and found you guys. but i dont speak computereze, so i have no idea what i need to do. someone mentioned Nero burning and someone mentioned Daemon and SP something, but i dont know where to find these things if they are on my computer.

what i dont get is why it used to work and now it does not recognize my stuff...sigh.. and i was sooooooo excited to burn that first disk all by myself!! hope you guys can help.. :thumbsup:

Edited by agavne, 22 June 2009 - 07:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

Hi :thumbsup:.

What was the exact content of the error message?

Louis

#3 agavne

agavne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:41 PM

disk burner or software missing..

that was the entire error message..

lots of websites talk about this same error message, but the solutions seem to be written in a language i cannot comprehend... i am very basic in my ability with these bleeping computers. in fact i don't know if you got this message. i sent it twice.

Edited by agavne, 22 June 2009 - 10:42 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,232 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:13 AM

If your burner is properly reflected in My Computer...I would suggest doing an uninstall/reinstall on the iTunes software.

File damage in that program is a possibility.

You could also try an alternative burn program...to see if it's a problem with the software or the hardware.

Any of the free programs available you prefer would serve this purpose.

Louis

#5 agavne

agavne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:20 AM

thanks i will look into those approaches...

is there actually a way to burn disks from itunes using an alternative approach than hitting the "burn disk" button??

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,232 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

I haven't used iTunes in since my Win 98 days...I can't tell you anything about it today.

But I suspect that one of the forums (iTune forums) and user comments there can answer most, if not all, of your queries about that software.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users