Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access anything really.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Corri

Corri

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:58 PM

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me. My computer installed the new explorer 8 and since then I can not access any secured sites, eg) msn messager, yahoo mail, or myspace. I have tried everthing that I have found on the net to try including turning off my firewall to access it, that did not work, so I turned it back on. I have lookied at my parental controles, they are not even set. There is nothing I have not tried, and I would really hate to have to restore it using my second hard drive, I would loose all my pictures. So if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear it. Thank you. Corri

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:14 PM

Click on Tools at the top of this webpage.
Is Compatibilty View checked? If not, check it and see if that works.

If it doesn't:
Uninstall IE8 and see if that resolves your issue.
If you don't see IE8 in Add Remove programs, check the box next to Show Updates.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 22 June 2009 - 10:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users