Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Won't turn on

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 computerhelp26

computerhelp26

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:03 PM

The keyboard on my laptop stoped working but the rest of the computer worked fine. I replaced with a new keyboard put computer back togethter and it will not start. I then replace the ribbon cable for the power button still nothing computer wont turn on. I tried taking the battey out and just plug in ac power still nothing. When i do plug the ac adapter in a light on the ac adpater glows like its recieving power. Any ideas what to try next the computer is an HP pavillion dv6000 series.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:37 PM

Did you remove the battery from your laptop before you started working on it ?
If not the unit was still getting power which means removing/reinstalling components may have caused damage.

If it worked before you started to replace the faulty KB you might want to disassemble it & double check the reassembly.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 computerhelp26

computerhelp26
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:07 AM

yes i had the battery removed when i started working on it. the computer worked fine before i replaced keyboard. i have checked everything several times i put the old keyboard back in and nothing happens i put a new cable on the power button to the motherboard nothing happens. all that will happen is where you plug the ac adapter in at will glow blue that its connected but no power. HP tech want to say i need a new ac adapter but i dont know if that is right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users