Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card Drivers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 frank_cheese

frank_cheese

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:44 PM

i have been trying ot use a super power graphics card (it isn't that amazing but i don't game or anything so is more tha i need anyway), but the colours look terrible when i start up the machine, i assumed this was a driver problem or incorrect setup, but installing the new drivers from the NVidia website didn't work and i couldn't find any on the XFX website, it is a pain to negotiate around...

specs are NVidia GeForce 6200 AGP Card, 256mb VRAM DDR2, badged as an XFX something or other, i can't find the box now.

Elliot
Failure is not an option, it comes as Standard with all Windows Operating Systems

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ingle

Ingle

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:23 PM

What OS are you running?

#3 frank_cheese

frank_cheese
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

windows xp professional, with a 1.80GHz pentium 4 processor, 1.5GB of RAM and a PCI FireWire and USB 2.0 card. i was also wondering, my power supply only gives out about 180W and the total with this new card and some other things would make it about 300W that i require, if i don't upgrade it is there a chance that it will overload and damage the mother board, if so, can you just tunr off the pc and swap it out or is there some mthod to doing so???

elliot
Failure is not an option, it comes as Standard with all Windows Operating Systems

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:24 PM

A 180W power supply is pretty weak.
Even if it's supplying a full 180W constantly that's still not much.
You're probablt lucky you can see a display at all !
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#5 frank_cheese

frank_cheese
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:32 PM

well, until now i was running very limited spec hardware, it is only now that i want to put the new thigns in that i require more than that, as the technology inside the pc was not exactly state of the art, but up until now it got me by...

#6 frank_cheese

frank_cheese
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

I have managed to locate some on the Nvidia site, they aren't for the exact same card, but the equivalent to the one that was rebadged and sold as an XFX card, as I mentioned it was originally based on an Nvidia card, with a new badge. so anyway, hopefully these will work...

Elliot

#7 frank_cheese

frank_cheese
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:37 PM

good news, they do work and the display is epic, now i can go ahead and install the windows 7 rc with the aero theme on a virtual HDD

thanks anway

Edited by frank_cheese, 03 July 2009 - 10:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users