Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to completely restore your computer using vista?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mandahbaby

Mandahbaby

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:41 PM

okay so i want o flush my computer to back like when i took it right out of the box! i have to many prolems tht i cannot fix andi am deffinitely sure that i want to do this. i have to CD the computer idnt come with one i tryed system recoery but it is set to a date hat the computer was messed up. so please i would like to completely drain it to like when you take it out of the box !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

http://www.ehow.com/how_2198181_windows-vi...y-settings.html

let us know how it works out for ya :huh:
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

#3 zarraza

zarraza

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:08 PM

http://www.ehow.com/how_2198181_windows-vi...y-settings.html

let us know how it works out for ya :huh:

Keny - I think what you show here is what he already tried - and he said it restored to a date that the computer was messed up - (if i read his post correctly)

if you want to completely wipe it out and you DO HAVE the restore CD that the computer came with (i wasn't able to get that from your OP) you simply put your restore cd in the drive and boot to the CD - and "start over" with a fresh install of windows - when you are finished, there is usually an accompanying CD/DVD that had all your applications on it so you can put those back too.

If it is an HP and you didn't create your restore CD/DVD as suggested when it was new, you will more than likely have to order the CD/DVDs from HP - at a cost of about $30 for 2 day shipping.

If it is a Gateway, you should have mulitiple CDs - one with the operating system, one with drivers and one with applications (however, these 2 CDs might be combined on to one depending on the model / age of the PC)

If it is an IBM / Lenovo, they usually come with multiple restore CDs like the gateway

Dell usually has both - restore CDs and a recovery partition - I have only restored with CDs and never used the recovery partition

I'm sure some of the other choices have restore partitions, however, I don't own anything but Dell so I can't help you with that

My first suggestion would be to go to the website of the manufacturer of your computer and search system restore and see what their specific directions are.

Good luck

#4 Mandahbaby

Mandahbaby
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:09 PM

Its an acer and it didnt come with a CD =[ theres no way to delete everything without saveing files like the version before visat where you hit F11 and you came to a screen that just wiped out everything without saveing items...

Edited by Mandahbaby, 22 June 2009 - 04:13 PM.

#5 keny111111

keny111111

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

see if this helps
http://www.answerbag.com/articles/How-to-R...f7-ed367411c563
ps do you have the discs from when computer was new and it asked you to make some discs?
Have A Great Day

...........Kenny.............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users