Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sonic Record Now! issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 creighs

creighs

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:36 AM

Hi All,

I've recently been having trouble with two of my computers so I've been attempting to backup all of my data. I'm using the default burning software (Sonic) that came with my Hp Pavilion dv 1000. I'm having a lot of trouble getting CDs and in particular DVDs to burn properly. With the DVDs, after Sonic has finished burning the data my computer no longer detects any media in the D: drive. Ejecting and reinserting doesn't work. Once before I've had my laptop not recognize/register one of my usb drives when inserted (I don't know if that helps, but I figured I'd mention it). I've used the same brand of DVDs to back up data from my desktop (Roxio software, BenQ XHD DVD), and if I insert those DVDs my laptop it does recognize them and I'm able to open/use files from those DVDs just fine. When I watch Sonic burning a DVD it also seems that something is not right/working properly. I will have to try burning another DVD in order to post any error messages received. I am able to use the Windows CD burning utility to burn data CDs, and everything turns out fine with that. I don't think Windows provides a DVD burning utility (that I've been able to find anyway).

Unfortunately, I can't test the DVDs I've burned with my laptop on my desktop machine because the desktop is out of commission for the time-being. I haven't been able to access another computer to test if the media works there, and I currently don't have a different brand that I could use. I have not yet tried uninstalling and reinstalling Sonic (I wanted to see what advice people had before doing that).

I've searched BC, and it seems that others are finding Sonic software to be problematic/poorly written as well. I've been through soooooooo many DVDs trying to figure this out (I've actually begun to label these non-functional disks with $$$ signs with wings) :thumbsup: Any help is appreciated!

Best wishes,
S.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:46 AM

I wouldn't use Sonic at all
I would use Imgburn:
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 creighs

creighs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:07 AM

And I shall take said advice right this second...well however long it takes to download and install...so maybe 5 minutes...or 7...we shall see... haha

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users