Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Dell Mini 9 crashed while installing flash bios

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jgadrummer

jgadrummer

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:41 AM

HELP!!! While trying to install the updated flash bios to my dell mini 9 it crashed it and all i get is a power light and nothing on the screen. I need help restoring it.

Thx

Jga
"All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players..."
'NP'

'Music is the fuel of life...'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:31 AM

I don't know if this will help but read here,

http://mydellmini.com/forum/dell-mini-9-ha...os-utility.html

I read about this problem on other forums.
Apparently what happens is the BIOS flash starts ,but the unit doesn'yt look like it doing anything other then flashing the lights, so people turn them off before the flash is complete.
According to the other forums once the flash is started the unit needs to just sit until it restarts on it's own , which apparently , can take awhile.

Since this is a know issue ,if neccessary it is covered under the warranty.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users