Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do Anyone Know what's happen?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hp017ce

hp017ce

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:00 AM

Hello!

My speaker have this kind of weird sound...
and after the sound pop-ed up. . . whatever music I play will be disturbed.

This is the link: hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/247334192/Recording.wmv.html

I changed the speaker but the result are the same.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Thanks!

Edited by quietman7, 22 June 2009 - 09:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:23 AM

Please do not post active links to download files from file sharing sites. I have disabled the one(s) you posted so others do not accidentally use them.

Using any peer-to-peer (P2P) or file sharing program is a security risk which can make your system susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections, remote attacks, and exposure of personal information.

The reason for this is that file sharing relies on its members giving and gaining unfettered access to computers across the P2P network. This practice can make you vulnerable to data and identity theft, system infection and remote access exploit by attackers who can take control of your computer without your knowledge. Even if you change the risky default settings to a safer configuration, downloading files from an anonymous source increases your exposure to infection because the files you are downloading may actually contain a disguised threat. Many malicious worms and Trojans, such as the Storm Worm, target and spread across P2P files sharing networks because of their known vulnerabilities. In some instances the infection may cause so much damage to your system that recovery is not possible and a Repair Install will NOT help!. In those cases, the only option is to wipe your drive, reformat and reinstall the OS.

Even the safest P2P file sharing programs that do not contain bundled spyware, still expose you to risks because of the very nature of the P2P file sharing process. By default, most P2P file sharing programs are configured to automatically launch at startup. They are also configured to allow other P2P users on the same network open access to a shared directory on your computer. The best way to eliminate these risks is to avoid using P2P applications.In order to assist you effectively and identify the offending malware, we need more specific information.
Please read Before you post about a problem, Some simple guidelines, then reply back here.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 hp017ce

hp017ce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:09 AM

Dude, sorry about P2P link. . .
But if I do not upload the sound, how can I describe the situation?
By the way, I am using my mobile phone to record the sound... Malware will not transfers through sound wave, right?
And I am just posting my friend's pc problem, in order for us, as a user to be more aware and discuss about it.
Please do not post crap that ask us to read or refer, but DO provide some useful solution, idea or leading question.
Thanks!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,470 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 09:37 AM

Please do not post crap that ask us to read or refer, but DO provide some useful solution, idea or leading question

Sorry you feel the information I posted was crap and not useful rather than educational. It was intended to advise you and any other members reading this thread the dangers of using P2P or file sharing program.

QM7's MODUS OPERANDI: "Knowledge and the ability to use it is the best defensive tool anyone could have. An uninformed user can be his or her own worst enemy when acting in ignorance."

I am using my mobile phone to record the sound... Malware will not transfers through sound wave, right?

Malware writers and hackers are very creative.

The Georgia Tech Information Security Center released the Emerging Cyber Threats Forecast for 2009 (PDF). According to a Network World report, an IBM Internet Security Systems researcher involved in the study noted "Most people have been trained to enter social security numbers, credit card numbers, [and] bank account numbers ... over the phone while interacting with voice response systems. Criminals will exploit this social conditioning to perpetrate voice phishing and identity theft."

Mobile Phones: The Next Frontier for Malware

Cyber Threats Report 2009
Malware Goes Mobile
Mobile Malware: Threats and Prevention
Adware And Mobile Phone Malware On The Rise
Mobile phone malware in our future?

#5 hp017ce

hp017ce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:31 AM

"Knowledge and the ability to use it is the best defensive tool anyone could have.
An uninformed user can be his or her own worst enemy when acting in ignorance." (Nice point!)

Kindly, back to the topic, do you have any LEAD on the weird sound?

Quietman7, looking forward for your reply.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,470 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 10:53 AM

Are all sound files you download exhibiting the same symptom when trying to play? What about other files already on your machine?

What sound card and motherboard is on the machine?

You advised changing out speakers. What other troubleshooting steps have you taken?

Issues with sound are a common complaint with various causes and possible solutions. What works for one person may not work for another.

Troubleshooting Sound Problems in Windows XP
Sound Card and Speaker Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting Sound Issues
Troubleshooting Audio Issues - Intel Boards

#7 hp017ce

hp017ce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:36 AM

Yes, is just happened recently... whatever program like game, movie, music, even when my friend is doing assignment,
the symptom will pop up in anytime.

I changed out the speaker, replaced with headphone and speaker but the result are the same.
So, the problem should not be the speaker.

Further on, I have no idea... Any advise?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users