Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

reloading XP home

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fishfinger

fishfinger

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 03:59 AM

Hi

I have an HP Pavilion 521a that I need to reload, due to virus and malware issues.

I have a hidden partition which stores the O/S. Previously I have reload this by using a shortcut on the START menu. However, a while ago I deleted this shortcut to prevent the kids clicking it in error.

Any suggestions on how to proceed with this reload would be appreciated. I assume that the previous shortcut would point to a file to initiate this.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:09 AM

I think (but do not know for sure) that tapping the F10 during the boot process will launch the System Recovery. You should tap the F10 immediately after the initial boot screen goes away (the HP logo when you first turn it on.) Keep tapping until either System Recovery or Windows starts. If Windows starts, then I'm wrong, if System Recovery starts then follow the instructions it gives you.

CAUTION: The System Recovery will wipe your hard drive before reinstalling! Be sure to back up all documents and files that you want to keep before proceeding!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users