Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet keeps dropping

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Crom-Metro

Crom-Metro

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:30 PM

hi, iv been having this problem for a couple weeks now,

what happends is, my internet, will run fine for 3 hours, then quit for a minute,
some times it will quit for 2-5 mins, then connect last 5 mins, and repeat.
iv scanned with kasperkey, but it says theres nothing harming my pc.
i have no threats, no nothing.

i will let you know we are running a home lan system, we have 4 pc's including a laptop on a router, iv made sure that
our wireless is blocked, only to the ip of the laptop's card.
iv plugged up all the routers ports, except the ones that are needed.
i even installed the Sunbelt personal firewall. to monitor wether not some ones connecting or not.

iv thought about wether or not its our isp, which is bell, but, why would it do this ?

if anyone, has any info on what it could be, it would be good to hear :thumbsup:.

Edited by Crom-Metro, 21 June 2009 - 11:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

Hi :thumbsup:.

<<hi, iv been having this problem for a couple weeks now,>>

Does that mean that you have used the same ISP, same router, same firewall...for more than "a couple of weeks"?

You don't have to bother fiddling with router ports...if a firewall is active and properly configured.

Connection problems...should always begin with a check of local device connections/operability...then contact with the ISP...to rule out such before moving on.

Do all 4 PCs exhibit connection problems at the same time? Why is a laptop the only system mentioned?

If only 1 of 4 PCs have this situation...it has to do with network settings/configuration/something on that system only.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users