Please download and scan with Dr.Web CureIt
- alternate download link
.Follow these instructions for performing a scan in "safe mode"
If you cannot boot into safe mode, then perform your scan in normal mode. Be aware, this scan could take a long time to complete.
-- Post the log in your next reply. If you can't find the log, try to write down what was detected/removed before exiting Dr.WebCureIt so you can provide that information.
Some types of malware will disable Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming
- Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file file and rename it to mysetup.exe.
- Double-click on mysetup.exe to start the installation.
- If that did not work, then try renaming and changing the file extension. <- click this link if you do not see the file extension
- Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file, rename it to mysetup and change the .exe extension to .scr, .com, .pif, or .bat.
- Then double-click on mysetup.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to begin installation.
If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files.
If using Windows Vista, refer to How to Change a File Extension in Windows Vista.
- Right-click on mbam.exe, rename it to myscan.exe.
- Double-click on myscan.exe to launch the program.
- If that did not work, then try renaming and change the .exe extension in the same way as noted above.
- Double-click on myscan.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to launch the program.
Be sure to update MBAM through the program's interface (preferable method
) or manually download the definition updates
and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe
to install. Then perform a Quick Scan
in normal mode and check all items found for removal. Don't forgot to reboot afterwards. Failure to reboot normally
(not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs
tab and copy/paste the contents of the report in your next reply.