Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Remove File_Tools_Win

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RAPHelp

RAPHelp

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:52 PM

Was searching for/trying file compare programs and installed File_Tools_Win but don't like it. Want to remove it from my machine but it doesn't show in the XP Add/Remove list, the Win 'All Programs' list (from the Start menu), nor in the Add/Remove list of EasyCleaner. It isn't on my desktop (not supposed to be) but is in the "Send To" list. If I 'explore' the sendto folder and delete the File_Tools entry, will that erase it from my system?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:41 AM

Try Revo:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

http://blogs.howtogeek.com/mysticgeek/2008...vo-uninstaller/
----------------------

How To Use Revo Uninstaller:
  • Please download Revo Uninstaller.
  • Extract the ZIP file to a folder and run revouninstaller.exe from there! (You can copy that folder to an USB Mass storage drive and use it without any installation required!)
  • There are two ways to uninstall programs with Revo Uninstaller:
    Important: Please, try to close the application you want to uninstall first!
  • Select the application in the list of installed applications and press the Uninstall button in the toolbar.
  • Right-click the application and click the Uninstall command in the displayed menu. Follow the instructions.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 RAPHelp

RAPHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

Thank you ... tried it and it worked great.

Additional REVO question: my father (he's 87) has ZoneAlarm on his PC and I'd like to replace it with PC Tools Firewall. {I had ZA and replaced it because it used so many resources and the latest version ran slowly at bootup.} It was not easy to totally remove and wondered if REVO would do a more complete job than Win Add/Remove?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

Zone Alarm uninstall utility:
http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/sup.../cpes_clean.exe

Live link
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 RAPHelp

RAPHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:06 PM

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users