1) Clicking on any link in google redirects me to webtoolright.com where it shows me their search results to download, im assuming, infected files.
2) There is no "Folder Options" option from the drop down menus while viewing folders. I found the registry that disables this and tried removing it, but it keeps coming back.
3) I can't open registry editor. I can manually type in the registry edit into Start -> Run and than open registry editor, but after some amount of time the registry editor gets blocked again.
4) The computer is also very, very sluggish. I am expecting it to be from these viruses
5) I discovered that the two processes that kept changing the registry back were lsass.exe located in the temp directory, and winamp.exe.
I know I have not given much information because I can't get DDS to run, but I am not familiar with DDS and what may be going wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Edited by The weatherman, 21 June 2009 - 04:55 AM.
Moved from hjt to a more appropriate forum. TW