Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paddyo23

paddyo23

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:17 AM

Hi

This is my first post and I need some help and advice.

My PC has been infected by the Trojan-spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c virus. I am unable to do anything with the PC.

Once I turn it on, I get it into safe mode, but that's as far as it goes. I am unable to load any anti virus software, or even get onto the net.

Is there anything I can do?. :thumbsup:

Paddyo23

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stidyup

stidyup

• Members
  • 641 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:51 AM

If you have a friend who has broadband download the Ultimate BootCD this has several AV scanners that will run in dos mode, note you will need to update the virus defs as they will be out of date.

Alternative get a friend to build Ultimate BootCD 4Win

Or if you want a smaller rescue cd try my Rescueme4dos

Or simply get a friend to download a dos scanner, burn to CD and use a Win98 startup disk to access the CD-Rom from Dos. You can run these from safe-mode but I'd do it from DOS then nothing can interfere with the scan.

F-Prot for Dos

Sophos for Dos

AntiVir Command Line

McAfee McAfee for Floppy

If your successful at removing the problem I'd post a hijackthis log here to confirm that your PC is clean.

How to submit a hijackthis log

Download Hijackthis

Edited by stidyup, 04 July 2005 - 08:53 AM.

#3 paddyo23

paddyo23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:48 AM

Thanks a lot Stidyup, I'll give it a shot and let you know. :thumbsup:

#4 paddyo23

paddyo23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2005 - 04:19 AM

Hi

I've tried Ultimateboot on CD, and I am stillgetting no response from the PC. any other suggestions? :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users