Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Snapshot problem on xp pro useing pinnacle pctv 800i tuner

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Per904

Per904

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:55 PM

Maybe this belongs in the vista forum but here's the setup

Computer is a gateway AMD Phenom X4 9100e 64-bit Quad-Core Processor Integrated ATI Radeon HD 3200

I set up a dual boot for xp 32bit on another harddrive,all works great but 1 thing,whenever i take a snapshot useing the pinnacle pctv pro 800i tuner on xp pro the picture looks like 4 overlapping frames,all's well on vista tho.

Thanks for any help.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:35 PM

sounds like it could be a driver issue. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the XP drivers.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:43 PM

Sounds to me like it's a Pinnacle issue...Pinacle products have drivers, so I agree in part with the above.

Although...I don't suggest using a video-editing/capute program to take photos...the results should be decent.

To verify...all you have to do is take a photo using Windows Movie Maker and see if the same phenomenon occurs. If not, I'd uninstall the Pinnacle product and reinstall. My premise would be corruption.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 21 June 2009 - 01:00 PM.

#4 Per904

Per904
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for replies.
I have reinstalled the program from the pinnicle cd and downloaded the update which is faster loading btw,resultes are the same BUT I tried movermaker with the tuner tuned to analog "it wouldn't pick up over the air digital" and the pic was fine ,below,.

So i'm guessing the problem is in the pinnacle program itself,hmm wonder if an update from another pinnacle card might work,grasping at straws lol,It works on vista and not really important if it works on xp it's just 1 of those things that ticks you off if something isn't working just right.

Posted Image

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:18 AM

My experience with Pinnacle Studio (various versions)...is they don't concentrate on "fixing" problems until the next version rolls out.

Most of my issues with video software solved by uninstalling then reinstalling...but that doesn't solve everything that can go wrong.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users