Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forum Response Time

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 andybhoy

andybhoy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:35 PM

Hi, I posted a topic descibing a malware infeciton on my machine here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233678/infected-with-win32-trojan-agent-and-win32-trojan-tdss/

I posted this last week but have had no replies. How long does it take for a response?

I realise you guys are all v busy but just checking that I haven't been ovelooked.

Thanks in advance.

Andy M

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:43 PM

Hello,

I'm shifting this topic to the Comments section.

You log hasn't been overlooked, forgotten, or lost. We simply have hundreds of folks to assist. At present, we have nearly 400 unanswered logs, the oldest dated Thu Jun 11, 2009; 9:36 am Eastern Daylight Savings Time in the United States. Your log is dated June 13, 2009; 4:19 PM using the same time zone.

Hang in there, it may be a couple more days or so before you get a response, but you will get one.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 andybhoy

andybhoy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

Thanks for the quick responce on this one ;) and cheers for the update. Will keep a look out then.

Cheers.

Andy

#4 booya

booya

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

on the same note...what happened to that sticky? or was it a sub forum of its own where when a thread is not responded for a couple of days we can give the link to that thread...

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:52 PM

That pinned thread is no longer a process we use. The amount of logs per day overwhelmed the use of that process.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 booya

booya

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:30 PM

so...hows it work now? do i wait for a day or two to get help? or do i self bump till i get a response? which i find annoying btw

normally im patient but eh im in a middle of fall out 3 and im finally getting somewhere in that game and all of the sudden it decides not to run on me anymore...steam by the way...funny thing is all the other games that i have installed runs real well..out of all the games to not run...gah..im frustrated at the moment...

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

With the new processes in place the wait time has dropped considerably, however it is still a matter of a few days. We do our best with our volunteer staff to answer as soon as possible. No post goes unanswered. However bumping your post will move it back in the queue as it shows a reply, from the queue that the team members work from. So that is not a good idea. Patience is your most valuable asset, when posting a log to be reviewed.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users