Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Auto update is saying "access denied"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Raised by Ninjas

Raised by Ninjas

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:02 PM

I am now malware free and my auto updates still aren't working. I thought the problem was malware related but it appears not

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

Go to the Control Panel & double click Administrative Toos
Double click Services
Locate Automatic Updates
Double click it & a box shold open
Where it says Startup Type make sure it is set to Automatc
If the Start "button is showing so you can click it ,do so
Click Apply
Click OK

Go back to the Control Panel
Click on the System icon
When the box opens click on the Automatic updates tab

Make sire there is a dot in the circle by Automatic (Recommended)
Click Apply
Click OK
Close out back to the desktop.

If you receive a "Access denied" message while doing any of this your user account does not have administrative priviliges.

Bleeping Computer has a rule that no information can be provided to circumvent any security.
Because of that I don't think I can tell you how to work around not having Administrative priviliges.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 Raised by Ninjas

Raised by Ninjas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 21 June 2009 - 06:39 AM

Yes i have done this using start > run > services.msc but its still access denied. I have full admin rights over this PC and they worked up until a few weeks ago, this is the problem

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

You might take a look at one or more of the following, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=a...mp;oq=&aqi=

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users