Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port security

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 heffer

heffer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:41 PM

i had several indications that maybe someone is monitoring my computer and i am not sure. may i check my ports somehow, my bandwidth too?

i had malware and still am trying to remove. i used many scanners and each found different , some same items. there are many process running that i dont know what they are but i am no expert. i try to research things but there is vast sea of computer help and unknowns

i have had issues with bandwidth usage suddenly spiking to over 2 gig per day. i never use that much. i have a program i cant get rid of
printer communication system lxdvcoms.exe and problems where i cant print and spool is an issue. i tried to delete all Lexmark 4500 files but some remain. my printer is a hp so i dont even have a lexmark.

the lxdvcoms.exe had notaions that it "listens" on port 10089, what does that mean?

and sometimes my computer ends up being drained of power when it turn it on the morning but it was fine the night before. i think it is being accessed wirelessly while i sleep. the battery is fine, although it is only 1.XX hours durable.

how do i protect my ports? how do i stop the illegal access wirelessly? ( without goign through unplugging, remove battery, cover with pots and pans to try to block transmissions.

regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:54 PM

If you have a wirekess connection you need to go into the settings & set a security key to keep other people from using your wireless connection !

Do you have a wireless modem or router ?

What brand ?
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users