I am running on dual boot Win 98 SE and Win XP Pro, 40Gb, P4 1.7Ghz, GeForce 2 MX/400, Epox Motherboard.
Recently I am having a problem booting up my Win 98 SE. During startup I am receiving a couple of Error Dialog Box "Error loading powrprof.dll, a dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed." and "The POWRPROF.DLL file cannot start. Check the file to determine the problem."
In my control panel, I do not have an icon for Power Management. In my Shutdown dialog box, I do not have my Standby option. The colors on my icons are a bit in poor quality, however I can see in my settings that it is High 16bit.
Things I have done:
- Run System file checker, replace all altered files. Replace rundll.exe, rundll32.exe, powrprof.dll
- Update my Epox Motherboard drivers
- Update my GeForce graphics card drivers.
- Ran these programs with latest updates: Ad-Aware, Spybot, CWShredder, CleanUp, SpySweeper, Trojan Hunter (ALL CLEAN)
- Had an online AV scan with : BitDefender and Trend Micro (Found a few worms, did not cleaned it so I was forced to used KillBox)
- Ran Tune-Up Utilities, to clean my registry
- Edited my registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\VCOMM\EnablePowerManagement
from 00 00 00 00 00 to 10 00 00 00 00
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies are all cleared from bogus things.
Please I need help. Thank you very much.