Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 myteeduck

myteeduck

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:52 AM

hi

i seem to be infected with something i cant get rid off. its not fond when i do anti-virus or anti-spyware scans

i get various new internet windows opening all the time. some have no name and dont load anything. some have site names like www.bestwebsearch.net which still doesnt load anything. others have appeared as well. i also get what comes up on the system security virus whereby i get a fake system on the system saying that all these files are infected and they need clearing.

please help, it been here for about 2 weeks and i cant find anything on the internet to find out what it is. tried to download the malware virus tool but nothing happened

thanksin advance...

myteeduck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:02 PM

Welcom to this forum :thumbsup:

It would help others to help you if you could tell us which Windows version you are running ..

tried to download the malware virus tool but nothing happened

which tool is this ..can you be more specific please???

its not fond when i do anti-virus or anti-spyware scans

Which programs have you aready run to check for infections ...do you have any reports from those programs for someone to check for you ?

#3 myteeduck

myteeduck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

Im on Windows XP. I took all programs off my computer so all i have as far as im aware on the computer is everthing that came with the computer and Virgin PC Guard. The checks on virgin found nothing - says all clear and all fine.

Im getting redirected whenever i try to search results on google. Usually to a blank screen. Bestwebsearch is the one i get redirected more than others. I tried to download malwarebytes as suggested on this site but nothing happens. Its the same no matter what malware program i try.

#4 snowdrop

snowdrop

• Members
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:18 PM

Do you mean you can download Malwarebytes but not run it? Have you tried yet changing the name of the exe to something else? Change the name of the exe

before you save Malwarebytes Anti-malware, rename mbam-setup.exe to something like mapp.exe (or use any random name) and then click on Save and save it to your Desktop.

try that?

#5 myteeduck

myteeduck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:22 PM

when i click on to the download now button, nothing happens. Absolutely nothing!

I think its the google redirection virus - but i dont understand computers enough to get rid of it.

#6 acelsolcier

acelsolcier

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:45 PM

Try to right click on the download now button then click save target as...

#7 myteeduck

myteeduck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

still nothing happens. tried to download stopzilla, got as far as the installation program appearing on my desktop, then nothing.....

#8 acelsolcier

acelsolcier

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:15 PM

Can you run this : Microsoft Online Scan and Malicious Malware Removal it takes time to scan so be patient.

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,270 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:19 PM

Hello let's please do this first.

Next Please install RootRepeal

Go HERE, and download RootRepeal.zip to your Desktop.
Tutorial with images ,if needed >> L@@K.
Unzip that,(7-zip tool if needed) and then click RootRepeal.exe to open the scanner.
Next click on the Report tab, now click on Scan. A Window will open asking what to include in the scan. Check all of the below and then click OK.

Drivers
Files
Processes
SSDT
Stealth Objects
Hidden Services

Now you'll be asked which drive to scan. Check C: and click OK again and the scan will start. Please be patient as the scan runs. When the scan has finished, click on Save Report.
Name the log RootRepeal.txt and save it to your Documents folder (it should automatically save it there).
Please copy and paste that into your next reply.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users