Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A disturbing new report on your Internet Privacy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tork

tork

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:08 AM

A disturbing new report on your Internet Privacy
http://msmvps.com/blogs/hostsnews/default.aspx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blackchaos93

blackchaos93

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:44 PM

Average privacy policies are written at a grade level of 13.83? ...How do these people calculate these things?
I hate my life :(

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:00 PM

Thanks tork for the site and info. I just don't know what I can do about it. I use Google. I would assume that most don't allow 3rd party cookies. I really don't don't know how a person would check other than having you security set not to allow them. Question does that really work. I would think that most tracking is for dollars. What you might want to buy or have bought. I have always believed that there is a way to track for security of this nation built in. Keep this in mind. I was one of those people that thought Colombian brown was coffee.

#4 tork

tork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:55 AM

@Layback Bear
Two suggestions and quotes from A disturbing new report on your Internet Privacy

This is one of the main reasons why the majority of these "trackers" are included in the MVPS HOSTS file ...

Are you using a HOSTS file? Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File

This is why I recommend turning off Cookies and "whitelist" (allow) only those that are needed ...

Blocking Unwanted Cookies

#5 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:04 AM

Thanks again for the information tork . I bookmarked that mvp site. Most of the information is way over my knowledge at present. Got to be a good site to learn.

#6 tork

tork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 718 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:35 AM

@Layback Bear
You're welcome! I learn something new everyday and my bookmarks keep growing and growing :thumbsup:
Enjoy your day
tork

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users