Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

infected with Troj/Rustok-N

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tinamarie1224

tinamarie1224

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:37 AM

hi i am looking for some help on how to get rid of winbluesoft and Troj/Rustok-N i have uninstalled the winbluesoft but its still on my computer im not really sure where i got this from please i need help thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:29 AM

Hi tinamarie,

There's a tutorial here for getting rid of winbluesoft here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...ove-winbluesoft

It is mainly instructions for installing and running MalwareBytes. After you do that, please come back here without initiating the instructions for HijackThis. You may still have to go to that forum, but there's often a long wait, so we should see what can be done here first.

1) From your regular user account..

Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner Save it to the desktop ..

Double-click ATF Cleaner.exe to open it

Under Main choose:Windows Temp
Current User Temp
All Users Temp
Cookies
Temporary Internet Files
Java Cache
*The other boxes are optional*
Then click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox:
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

If you use Opera:
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click NO at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

2) Then I would like for you to do an online scan:

Note: You can only run this scan with Internet Explorer with Active X enabled.[indent=1]
Please run a BitDefender Online Scan
  • Click I Agree to agree to the EULA.
  • Allow the ActiveX control to install when prompted.
  • Click Click here to scan to begin the scan.
  • Please refrain from using the computer until the scan is finished. This might take a while to run, but it is important that nothing else is running while you scan.
  • When the scan is finished, click on Click here to export the scan results.
  • Click-on the Detected Problems tab. Then select Click here to export the scan report
  • When the window comes up to save the report, change the Save as type box to Text (Tab Delimited) (*.txt)
  • Then in the File name box enter bdscan then click save.
  • Please upload this file with your next post as an attachment, or post the contents of the file into a code box. To do this, simply paste the contents of the file into your Add Reply box (do not use quick reply) and then highlight just those contents and click on the button five over from the smiley face beneath the fonts which is called Wrap in code tags. You can only see this if you allow your mouse to hover over that button.

After you've completed all of the above, please post the following logs as per the instructions above:MalwareBytes
bdscan
Let me know how this went?
Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users